Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Younger friends have ranaway

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two younger friends of mine have ran away from home and its now on local news. It is mentioned that they 'went to a friends and changed out of their school uniform'. I am that friend. I have been involved with their parents and the police as i have had the most contact since that day, but now i'm gettin worried as i cant get hold of them anymore. Dont know what i want people to say really. But feeling stupid for not stopping them and assuming theyd only go for a day.

Comments

• Options
    i did know they were running away, just didnt think it would be for so long. one of their mums has been to see me today, completely distraught, she said the police wont trace mobiles coz its 1000's of pounds and so they will only do it for crime, murder etc :s not very assuring though is it, maybe its because they know theyve ran away and havent been abducted that they wont do this right now.
  • Options
    Let's just hope they turn up alive and well.
  • Options
    The police are probably to dumb to investigate how to track a mobile phone and probably pay some company a fortune to do it for them

This company is owned by carphonewarehouse or is certainly linked to them maybe if the parents approached them they could tell you where the mobile phones are:

http://www.mapamobile.com/
  • Options
    Hope they turn up safely.
  • Options
    That site is great, i phoned one of their mothers to tell her about it but she told me the police have just found them! they are on their way home!Phew!someone mustve seen it on the news and recognised them
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Glad to hear they are OK.
  • Options
    What age are they? May I ask.
    Glad they are ok.

:)
  • Options
    it was the top headline on bbc local news, they are 15. made the front page of local gazette, but i knew theyd been found then saw a massive news report about it on bbc lol. then they updated 20 mins later saying theyd been found and were now home, but they will be going in the police cells(supposedly) for wasting police time and to scare em a bit, here is an article on it from the local paper , I'm the 'friend' and they werent going shopping, they told me they were running away(i just didnt realise theyd stay away), plus they had actually been in contact with me several times but guess they gotta beef it up a bit for a better response

Frankie & Gemma

http://icteesside.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0001head/%20tm_objectid=14998480%26method=full%26siteid=50080%<br%20/>%2026headline=police%2dplea%2das%2dgirls%2dgo%2dmissi<br%20/>ng%2d-name_page.html
  • Options
    them links dont work for me, :confused:

if you go to icteesside.co.uk, its 'Fears for...' on the evening gazette section