Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sorting MP3 Files by Speed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there a program that can sort MP3 Music files by the Beats Per Minute (BPM) or something else?

Since I got a CD MP3 Player I was to have folders for fast songs and one for slow songs, etc so it's not jumping from one fast song to the next

Also is there a good freeware program to make the volume uniform? I know I tried one before but it all sounded the same to me

Comments

• Options
    Dude,

There is a user-friendly mixing program called "Mixmeister". (www.mixmeister.com). It's good for engineered mixes. More importantly, it answers your question. Choose your music folder first. The program then calculates each mp3. It then presents your mp3s in a table with the ID3 v1 tags. Click on the table headers to sort them by duration, tempo, artist A-Z etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    Dude,

There is a user-friendly mixing program called "Mixmeister". (www.mixmeister.com). It's good for engineered mixes. More importantly, it answers your question. Choose your music folder first. The program then calculates each mp3. It then presents your mp3s in a table with the ID3 v1 tags. Click on the table headers to sort them by duration, tempo, artist A-Z etc.

Well that lead me to this link

http://www.mixmeister.com/download_freestuff.html

But don't think it will let me copy and paste songs according to speed for playing in my car, but will try it out ....
  • Options
    Acid Pro