Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

laptop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive had my laptop just under a year, so i think its still protected by the warranty...

my screens gone wierd, think its a dodgy connection cos it is tinted red most the time but sometimes will go back to normal

my boyfriend said he could probably fix it so he opened it up fiddled around and it seemed to be fixed.....

but in the process of "fixing" it he broke it in 2 places on the plastic outer bit which had to be superglued back together, the keyboard no longer lies flat, the screen is red again, and the warranty seal thing is tampered

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: im so angry. is there anything i can do to get it back to how it was before my retard of a boyfriend fucked it up? I really cant afford to be spending money on this....

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It sounds like a broken connection cable in the monitor. A PC shop should be able to fix it but it maybe expensive.
  • Options
    Re: laptop
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    Ive had my laptop just under a year, so i think its still protected by the warranty...

well you can happily wave goodbye to that warranty then, no doubt something important will explode next week. if in doubt return it to the store/phone up warranty department.

but for future reference warranty stickers can be fairly easily removed with a hairdryer set on high ;) not that i'd condone such a thing.
  • Options
    Re: Re: laptop
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    well you can happily wave goodbye to that warranty then

why :(
  • Options
    User damage I'm afraid.

Analogy: If you brought a china plate and dropped it, then you can't repair it for free.
  • Options
    Unless you know exactly what's wrong with a PC/Laptop while it's under warranty, and know that you really can fix it properly, and can't live with the inconvenience of having to wait for the repair work to be done, then you really should just send it off to be fixed if it's still under warranty.

As the seals are now broken, it's obvious that someone has opened it up, and potentially damaged it - and therefore the warranty is voided. It's as simple as that.

The thing is, it's worth having it fixed under warranty in case something else goes wrong too. Now you're pretty much stuffed. Worth asking the company, just in case, but they're more than likely to tell you it's voided now. So now you have to get it repaired, and live with the inconvenience of it being away, and pay for it too. :(