Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

suprnova closes... for good.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yep im afraid its true.
Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up!
But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it.
We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.
We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org.
It is a sad day for all of us!

Please visit SuprNova.org every once in a while to get the latest news on what is happening and if there is anything new to report on.

As we wish to maintain the nice comunity that we created, we are keppig forums and irc servers open.

Thank you all and Goodbye!
sloncek & the rest of the SuprNova Team

src: http://www.suprnova.org

its sad to see this happen :(

Comments

• Options
    I've only been using Bit Torrent for a couple of weeks, and now my main source has gone. There are other places I get stuff, but SuprNova had everything under one roof. :(
  • Options
    WHAT?????? NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO :( well... at least, i still have BTuga ... it's a portuguese one... not as quick as suprnova, but it's almost the same :\
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I've only been using Bit Torrent for a couple of weeks, and now my main source has gone. There are other places I get stuff, but SuprNova had everything under one roof. :(

Where???? I only knew those 2...
  • Options
    Originally posted by not_an_angel
    Where???? I only knew those 2...

I use(d) Suprnova and HyperTorrent
  • Options
    tks :)
  • Options
    I would say this explain why I've received the "your connection has been refused" message 10 million times today, meaning I haven't been able to download anything, but hypertorrent should still work. :|
  • Options
    damnit :(

sad day to see it go
  • Options
    Suprnova or bit torrent hasnt been working for me for weeks, keeps saying it cant connect and refuses to download anything. Its a shame because when it did work it was a useful site.
  • Options
    notice how most of the torrents for suprnova.org were from a load of sources, not just suprnova

i still have a lot of links to other trackers and torrent sites anyway
  • Options
    it's been working fine for me...
  • Options
    It has been more then a week since SuprNova.org went down. We are sorry that we have not updated the site with more recent news, but we have been very busy.

Anyway, we will soon be making an announcement. Announcement will be made on NovaStream.org radio on 30th December around 10 PM CET (9 PM GMT, 4 PM EST)..

http://suprnova.org/

I wonder what it will be?!
  • Options
    Let me shed some light on this.

"Police in Finland have raided the operations of a popular BitTorrent file download site, seizing equipment and at the houses four people who ran the site. Police also raided the houses of 30 volunteers who helped moderate the site.
    According to our early translation of a report of the raids, the 34 people had been arrested
    Police say the site had 10,000 users, all Finnish, who downloaded illegally-copied content worth millions of euros. The site featured 6000 torrents, including film, videos, music and games."

A load of torrent sites have been shut down recently due to raids held by the police, RIAA and trading standards. These sites are closing down, or shutting their doors to the public and becoming private sites.

This also explains why suprnovaradio has changed it's name to radiofusion.

Last I heard, bi-torrent.com is still working and is a mirror of suprnova.