Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pelvic inflamatory disease

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To all of you ladies out there who have periods and have sex.. please read this... it could save your life..I recently had pains when i was having sex, but put it down to him"just being a bit rough!!" but I continued to have a pain in my lower abdomen for ages and ages.. I finally went to the doctors who checked to see if I was pregnant.. I wasn't, but she rushed me into hospital, it turns out I had pelvic inflammatory disease and also a massive abcess on one of my ovaries, which was about to burst, which would have killed me. I felt really angry for not going to the doctors sooner. This is not always sexually transmitted, and can even happen to girls who dont have sex, but it made me realise the importance of being aware of your body, and not being afraid to go to the docs if you think theres something wrong. So to all of you out there.. take heed!! and take care! xx

Comments