Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

help......very new.!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me make sence of a problem..in real laymans language please or i wont understand it !!:confused: .......my dear husband has purchased a domain name and web hosting for me,lovely :crazyeyes ......but............all i know is that i need to have a FTP ...there isnt one on my pc...that i can find anyway !..............do i have to buy new softwear or can it be downloaded from somewhere ?
i need something REALLY easy as i am so new to all this i dont have a clue !..i would love to get my web page running before i die of frustration..................any help would be really great thanks
Pauline x

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    For ftp, you can either download an ftp client, (there are lots, such as smartftp, cuteftp) google for "free ftp client" or something.

Or, if you don't want to download, you can use ftp through your browser.

to do this, you would type

ftp://the.server.name/

into the address bar. It will try to connect, but fail. Then you will need to go to the "file" menu in the browser and choose login as to login with the username and password that you have been given for your site.

Then you can upload files by copying them into your browser window, or vice-versa.