Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

ShoeBox Gifts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4102333.stm

I remember doing this many years ago in school, but totally forgot about this for years .... shame it isn't more widely publicised to people outside of schools and churches would loved to have done a box

Comments

• Options
    wow! so cute!

we never done things like those here... it's so sad... may i say i hate living here? :\
  • Options
    People at my school did it. I wanted to do one, but so many people did one that the teacher in charge ran out of the label things. Hopefully I'll do one next year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    People at my school did it. I wanted to do one, but so many people did one that the teacher in charge ran out of the label things. Hopefully I'll do one next year.

You didn't do it cos of a lack of labels?? Huh??
  • Options
    you know reading something like that and then thinking about why i constantly feel depressed and can't get out of it makes me feel sick with guilt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    you know reading something like that and then thinking about why i constantly feel depressed and can't get out of it makes me feel sick with guilt.

I just saw the Movie Beyound Borders lastnight with Angelina Jolie and int he movie she travels to Africa and Cambodia and filming with people who's only goal is to survive another day, that's kinda sad.

I'd much rather be doing something personal like preparing a shoebox full of pressies for a kid then simply hand over cash to someone with a moneybox!!

Be nice if there was a way to know where your pressie ended up.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    As I've said before, there will always be people worse off than you (whoever "you" is), but it doesn't mean your problems are unimportant. You should feel a bit better because of this, but not guilty.