Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Invasion Of Privacy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just come home from work to find that someone has been on my PC and that someone has been trying to access files of mine, as an "access denied" message was displayed about 200 times. Would this piss you off because right now I'm going fucking mental :mad: :mad:

Note: This is *my* PC, no one elses, everyone else can use the OTHER PC, the FAMILY PC.

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, that would mega hack me off. I came home one day and my dad was using my laptop-I got more than little annoyed.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't really bother me because there's usually some reason for it, like testing out the network etc.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    chaos - definately get a password for your computer - they have no right to do that!! even if the family pc was being used or asked, it wouldnt hurt to ask!
    i have my own laptop, with a password, and am very protective over it! Your privacy is a very important thing!
    SBG
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    chaos - definately get a password for your computer - they have no right to do that!! even if the family pc was being used or asked, it wouldnt hurt to ask!
    i have my own laptop, with a password, and am very protective over it! Your privacy is a very important thing!
    SBG

    I have a password but stupidly have a guest profile as well. I've removed it now though. That's the thing, if I was asked I'd probably not have minded (granted I'd have needed to watch over whoever it was).
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    moon rat! get yo ass in here now!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I have a password but stupidly have a guest profile as well. I've removed it now though. That's the thing, if I was asked I'd probably not have minded (granted I'd have needed to watch over whoever it was).

    If you have windows XP, you can control what the guest user can use, and what files/folder they can open! i think the option for this is in the control panel!! Remove it now+make sure your password is Very good!!!
    Cant believe that happened to u!!!
    SBG
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    moon rat! get yo ass in here now!

    Main suspect.
    Originally posted by spongbobsgirl
    If you have windows XP, you can control what the guest user can use, and what files/folder they can open! i think the option for this is in the control panel!! Remove it now+make sure your password is Very good!!!

    I assume my password is very good seeing as only I know it, and the guest user has been completely removed. I'm sick of my sister invading my privacy. She logged in as me on here before (as so called *friend* told her my password for my PC and thesite).
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I had something to hide I'd be annoyed but coz I dont, I dont mind.

    My mum always asks if she can use my laptop though.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Main suspect.

    Get her dog shite for her Christmas then.

    Kick some ass, Chaos.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Use Pre Boot Authentication software, it's the way to go for privacy if you got people that are nosey in your house hold. Saying that, you could just use a simple password on XP, doubt anyone will hack it.
Sign In or Register to comment.