Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Another Christmas Thread.

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
Yes, yet another one.

Just wonder what y'all are doing for Christmas? Are you spending it with family? Do you have lots of house guests? Are you going away? Do tell all :)

As for me, I am going home for Christmas. Dave is coming with me and it will be our first Christmas together.

So, what are you doing?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Going up the road to see the family.

Sadly, the next door neighbours are the type of arseholes who spend shiteloads on Xmas lights (their house was on This Morning a year or two back), and I hate people like this.

I think I'm going to set up a Nazi style sentry at the spare room window when I go home, and sniper rifle any bastard who thinks it's a good idea to slow down outside and stare at them like they aren't up each and every fucking year.

Hopefully that'll put an end to that shite once and for all.

All very well trying to get into the festive spirit, but there's so much shite like this at this time of year that pisses me off intensely :mad:
  • Options
    I'm going to my mums house on Christmas day, will be me, mum, mums partner and my sister. I'm really looking forward to it-I havent seen my sister since the beginning of September.

Then I have Christmas the second on boxing day with Dad and his partner.
  • Options
    We're having dinner. That's it.
  • Options
    this will be my third christmas with mr. kaff, but the first we've been together the whole time.

we're at my house on christmas eve with the entirety of my mum's side of the family. then we're off down to his for christmas day and probably a few days after. I can't tell you what a typical christmas there involves, but judging by other celebrations - lots of tasty food and small children.
  • Options
    We're doing our kind of usual thing where the grandparents come in the morning then all the close friends and stuff come in the evening. Then we usually spend Boxing Day with friends aswell.
  • Options
    spending xmas day til bout 3pm at home, then going my bf's. Boxing day-goin his nans til about 2pm, then going to mine!!!
    SBG
  • Options
    i will be going to wolverhampton to see my neice and nephew then on to coventry to see some of my inlaws family then back to blackpool for home cooked christmas dinner, and then to walkabout :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I usually spend the morning at home then go to the grandparents for dinner. However this year I think I'm working in the morning :(
  • Options
    Morning at home with Chris & James (his first christmas :)) opening our presents & then over to mums late morning for dinner ect.

Hoping to also go up to Sheffield over christmas/new year to visit the in laws.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Going up the road to see the family.

Sadly, the next door neighbours are the type of arseholes who spend shiteloads on Xmas lights (their house was on This Morning a year or two back), and I hate people like this.

I think I'm going to set up a Nazi style sentry at the spare room window when I go home, and sniper rifle any bastard who thinks it's a good idea to slow down outside and stare at them like they aren't up each and every fucking year.

Hopefully that'll put an end to that shite once and for all.

All very well trying to get into the festive spirit, but there's so much shite like this at this time of year that pisses me off intensely :mad:

God I'm glad to see their are still some people with taste left in this world. :D
  • Options
    Going to visit, and stay with, parents, over the Xmas and New Year.
    Will get plenty of time to see friends too. :)

Normally I'd have to rush back up here to work, but I'm changing jobs, so can stay for the better part of two weeks. Couldn't stay any longer though, as my parent start to drive me nuts after about ten days. Will be good to see them though. :)
  • Options
    I shall get up about 30 seconds before dinner. Eat that with a nice refreshing drink and then visit pals/family/BF and drink more refreshing drinks.
  • Options
    Nothing. I am Jewish :p
  • Options
    I'm at home and i'll be out on the drink too.
  • Options
    I'll probably wake up fairly late in the morning, wander around the house for a bit before lunch. After that, there's an afternoon of eating chocolates. Stop to take the dog for a walk, then eat more chocolate. Dinner usually of cold turkey sandwiches. Then to watch rubbish television for the evening until bedtime.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Then to watch rubbish television for the evening until bedtime.
    tvweb17uy.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    tvweb17uy.gif
    OK, I'll spend a few hours on the Internet instead. Beats the crap that's on this Christmas...
  • Options
    I'll be doing something that i only recently realised has a lot of meaning to it, and is important.

I'll be having Christmas, a proper Christmas with my dad for the first time in over 10 years. I now live with him and recently it hit me i havent had christmas with him for 10 years. i have been through for new year a lot but never christmas.

This leaves a sad note though, it means its the first time in over 10 years i will not have had christmas dinner with my mum, and for that reason i feel bad and :(
  • Options
    I had to arrange my Christmas so it didn't coincide with my dads girlfriend and her evil minion children taking over the house.

Christmas eve me and my boyfriend are going to visit my mum and then i am spending the night round his, so Christmas morning will be spent with him, his sister and his step mum.
    I shall then pop back to my house in the morning to see my dad (not that he actually would give a shit whether i did or didn't mind) and then it is back to my boyfriends to cook dinner with him.
    Theeeen meeeting up with some friends for a drink at the pub, which afterwards we shall return to my house to sleep.

I'm really looking foward to Christmas this year because my last one was shit, and also this year me and Joel are spending it together instead of just beign bored/missing each other like last year.