Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Unprotected Text

Have any of you ever been on a drunken night out and ended up having text with someone you shouldn't have? Or have you sent a text message by mistake to someone you shouldn't have?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Unprotected Text
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Have any of you ever been on a drunken night out and ended up having text with someone you shouldn't have? Or have you sent a text message by mistake to someone you shouldn't have?

    Yes. I told my dad I loved him very much, and would ccome to meet him in 5 minutes.

    It wasn't meant to be for my dad.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Many times.

    I've actually ended up having a text conversation with someone who text me by mistake. It was weird.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whats having text? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Whats having text? :crazyeyes
    Well, it's the practice of sending text messages when you are drunk.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Well, it's the practice of sending text messages when you are drunk.

    Ok :/

    I have sent an old friedn of mine a VERY naughty text by mistake.:o she never spoke to me for months after that lol.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My old phone got nicked...the bloke who nicked it foned some of my friends saying he was gonna return,text most the girls in my phone book with comments all the lines of "You're fit, I want to bone you"...had my ladyfriends pulling me over up college, "You um...well...you sent me this text Stace..."..."Did it say I want to bone you?" "Um...yes"..."Yeah...well..um...ignore those..!"

    Malt Munk xx :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by JsT
    Many times.

    I've actually ended up having a text conversation with someone who text me by mistake. It was weird.

    haha oh yes i've had that before
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh fuck yes.

    I also sang Chesney Hawkes 90's classic "I Am The One And Only!" down the phone to somebody the other night when I was wasted.

    I can just about deal with needing a liver transplant, but that phone call alone makes me really think about the effects of my binge drinking :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    for this very reason i have changed my dads name in my phone book. My boyfriends name is Joel which comes just below jeff and if i'm drunk/not concentrating texts end up astray :p

    The worst is when you are thinking about or talking about someone and send a text to them instead of the person it was ment for, i sent one to my boyfriend instead of my friend once and had to erm bluff my way out of it :blush:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when me and my mates were on our way to go see the prodigy, we started drinking on the bus and got quick tipsy. so we rang up my ex and told him the bus had been highjacked by ETA. he was not happy. :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by beans
    for this very reason i have changed my dads name in my phone book. My boyfriends name is Joel which comes just below jeff and if i'm drunk/not concentrating texts end up astray :p

    Yep, Dad and Daniel come pretty close to each other. It just wouldn't be right having my Dad's real name though instead :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    Yep, Dad and Daniel come pretty close to each other. It just wouldn't be right having my Dad's real name though instead :(

    well he's now called x-jeff so he's right at the bottom of the phone book.

    Both my parents are called their real names in my phone book put of habbit because when everyone firts got phones they would always text peoples parents saying perverse things, and jeff was safer :p and my ex boyfriend was called Danny which also made it next to that. Can't win!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by beans
    and my ex boyfriend was called Danny which also made it next to that. Can't win!
    I use the trick personally of putting a symbol in front of the name such as a * or a ~. That usually puts people in the top or the bottom of the list.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I should be banned from taking my phone out. WHY does it seem like a goof idea to text people saying "IM DRUNUUUUUNK"

    Somehow I lost £4 of credit last night.

    I have no idea who i text either because I deleted my outbox in order to not know who i texted and what i said.

    I obviously texted a girl i pulled last week though because i got a reply today :o
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Oh yes, have done it quite alot.

    Have stopped now as I don't go out drinking now :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Renzo
    I should be banned from taking my phone out. WHY does it seem like a goof idea to text people saying "IM DRUNUUUUUNK"

    Somehow I lost £4 of credit last night.

    I have no idea who i text either because I deleted my outbox in order to not know who i texted and what i said.

    I obviously texted a girl i pulled last week though because i got a reply today :o

    Aww, you didn't text me. You normally do when you're pissed. :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not personally myself but my boss used to send me really dirty text jokes to my phione and i forgot too tell him i had given my old phone too my mum

    she wasnt too pleased when she read his joke:D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I once sent a message to my (now ex) boyfriend that was meant to be for someone who knew I was thinking of breaking up with him...purely from habit of going to E then going down one...was a fun night that...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I've done that - with my ex, I was txting this other girl but I sent it to my girlfriend lol.

    She was in the same room as me though so I looked well weird!!

    I managed to blag it by saying I was joking and wanted to send her a horny txt lol.

    Silly cow.
Sign In or Register to comment.