Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Door to Door Sellers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think of them?

We just had someone today knock on our door trying to get us to switch Gas companies, I think in this day and age having a stranger come to your door to sell you something you never asked for is well out of order.

Comments

• Options
    My mate used to be an alarm salesman, but he got sacked because he broke his curfew by going to a rave.

SOUND
  • Options
    BASTARDS THE LOT OF THEM
  • Options
    TELLL EM TO ECK OFF TEH FECKIN G EEEJITS
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The whole thing is disgraceful. It should be banned outright.
  • Options
    They bug me, if i wanted something i would get it if we could afford it. Don't need anyone coming to sell me anything, especially those stupid vouchers you pay more than they are worth.
  • Options
    Gas company people are annoying, and get told to bog off.
  • Options
    annoying and pointless.

if i want to buy dishcloths or change religion or find a new gas supplier, i'll go do it.

you turning up at my door just makes me not want to have any dealings at all with your company.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    annoying and pointless.

if i want to buy dishcloths or change religion or find a new gas supplier, i'll go do it.

you turning up at my door just makes me not want to have any dealings at all with your company.

Yeah the fact they're on my door puts me right off with one exception ...

Window Cleaners .. they're the only kind of business I kinda feels is justified in going door to door
  • Options
    Looks like everyone needs one of these... :D
  • Options
    I usually don't answer the door to them but sometimes it's the bloke coming to check the meter so i never know.

I could have got a job as one of those people selling gas door to door, because my boyfriends dad is quite high up in a compnay and employs lots of people to do this but i really couldn't haress people for a living.
    They do make quite a few sales a day though so someone must actaulyl sit and listen to them and they set you targets and bonus's which i guess is why some people are so persitant in trying to tell you their mumbo jumbo,
  • Options
    apbtzeke2.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*
    Looks like everyone needs one of these... :D

Yes quite?
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    Yes quite?

:rolleyes: The New Freak
  • Options
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*
    :rolleyes: The New Freak

Oh yeah baby, thats me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    I usually don't answer the door to them but sometimes it's the bloke coming to check the meter so i never know.

I could have got a job as one of those people selling gas door to door, because my boyfriends dad is quite high up in a compnay and employs lots of people to do this but i really couldn't haress people for a living.
    They do make quite a few sales a day though so someone must actaulyl sit and listen to them and they set you targets and bonus's which i guess is why some people are so persitant in trying to tell you their mumbo jumbo,

I refer the ones that set up their stand at Tesco's at least you can chose to walk past them or stop if they interest you
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I refer the ones that set up their stand at Tesco's at least you can chose to walk past them or stop if they interest you

I find that they hound you down aswell, while i'm trying to get to the staff entrance and everything. Standing there with thier clipboards badgering people who are clearly in a hurry :p
    Someones got to do the job i guess, sometimes i like to let them go on with their speach full swing and then they go are you 18 i just lie and say no, pisses them off quite a bit.
  • Options
    Thankfully, we don't have door sellers in this area where I live. But unfortunately, what we have instead are daily phone calls from call centres, most probably situated in India, asking us if we want to buy things like home insurance, a brand new kitchen, or new telephones. Being able to speak Welsh though means I can pretend I don't understand what they're saying, which always get them laughing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Thankfully, we don't have door sellers in this area where I live. But unfortunately, what we have instead are daily phone calls from call centres, most probably situated in India, asking us if we want to buy things like home insurance, a brand new kitchen, or new telephones. Being able to speak Welsh though means I can pretend I don't understand what they're saying, which always get them laughing.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/