Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How Far and How Long?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the current time and distance you travel to get to work or the longest?

I used to work near Heathrow Airport - about 14 miles away fom where I live and it used to take me about 1.5 hours each way to drive, now there's buslanes so if I still worked there I reckon it would take 2 hours each way!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I need almost a hour to get to school, if that counts :x The bus here is awful :crazyeyes bah... it should take half hour to get there :\

My mom's work is father than my school, and We reach it at the same time! She goes by car... I go by bus... bah...
    oh, forgot...

I don't know any of these distances

:x
    it's about 5 miles, and takes 13 minutes without any traffic, and 25 with. 35 if it's a friday night.
    14.6 miles to work according to the tachometer on the car.

Did it in 13 minutes at 2am last night.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    About 14 miles to work, just over 70mins on public transport.
    I have worked out of three offices over the last couple of years.

First one is 22 miles away from my house. Took around 25 mins to drive to.

I then asked for a transfer to the office closer to home. 6 miles. Depending on traffic it can take upto 45 mins to get home. :mad:

I am working in another office at the mo which is 12 miles and takes me 15 mins.
    I go on the tube at it takes me about 25-30mins ish.

I'd hate to comute by car, on the tube I can read my book and relax, I hate driving in London at the best of times, let alone during rush hour.
    The furthest away I worked was 10 miles but it took two buses and about 80 minutes to get there.

Now I work about 3 miles away and it takes about 4 minutes to drive there (but it takes 25 minutes to walk, and as it is still dark I don't walk all that often, but try to at least twice a month) :)
    My current workplace is about 2 and a half miles away and the journey takes me 50 minutes as I walk. It's roughly the furthest away out of everywhere I've worked. Though when I was a full-time student my college was 12 miles away and the bus journey usually took an hour and a half.

Never again :no:
    I guess work is about 3/4 miles away takes about 7-8 minutes in the car and about 40 minutes if im walking, but about 50 if im dawdling.

Not too bad seeing as i end up walking quite a bit, as there is no buses :p
    10 minutes (uphill!). I don't have a car so I have to walk, not that I'd drive anyway.
    Teh long and the short of it...

My journey to college was 10 minutes on the bus into Ayr, 55 minutes on the train to Glasgow and a 20 minute walk to college at the other end. When I'm living on a ship my journey time to work will be 0 minutes.
    It takes me about 10 minutes on a bus, but about 45 minutes to walk.