Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

'visiting' Charlie-the coke myth?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so me and my mates decided to do coke yesterday and...nothing really happened. Starting to think that we were actually given flour or something instead! ha...no, there was a buzz but it didnt last very long..

granted we only did about 2 lines each.

Just wanted to ask some experienced people what your thoughts are on this random 'coke experience'...??

And also it was hard when we were given it, so we had to kind of grind it up, and then it got more powder like..

So are there other ways of doing it, apart from snorting it..like inhaling the smoke or something??

whats going on...im not understaning the 'great' coke myth at all, if thats it.

but then i still want some more..hmm. But doesnt seem worth it.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I don't reckon much on it myself - apparently you need to do quite a bit of it to have any effect

Not if you have good coke. But I don't rate it much myself either. Over rated and overpriced. I'd much rather wash it up and smoke it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

I much prefer speed :yes:

ah yes, had my first bit of speed last night in fecking ages, got like 4 grams for £15, good deal like, sniffed it all in a very short time, speed doesn't give you the E buzz but it's interesting to say the least, as for coke, i've only ever dabbled in it myself, wouldn't waste all that money, didn't get much of a buzz either.
  • Options
    I want some :(

you wouldn't if you were my head right now, totally mashed, i suppose thats what ya get for having a fucking mental night the night before, expecially when you mix n match drugs, and btw, yes i did drop one 4 ya, actually alot more than one.
  • Options
    I think we should arrange a meet and then all go buzzing.. although we'll probably get intercepted and arrested :(

gimme a shout when you're coming over to ireland next ;)
  • Options
    hmm yeah 4...well, we'll see. Don't think the dealer was that reliable, so thats why, it prob wasnt amazin stuff..come to think of it i was being a total bitch to everyone ha i was queen. but my mates didnt mind that much seein as they were 'high' too, but it did cause a few arguments

no, not really worth it . But i keep thinkin about it..all day!

speed sounds interestin, may lay off drugs for a while though..ahhh reality who??
  • Options

I'll be living in Manchester soon.. so if you want to come over ;)

i'll cya there then, whenever that may be i don't know but i will be there.
  • Options
    coke shouldn't need grinding up!
    it has been known as snow for generations because ...it looks like fresh snow ...all sparkly and glittery.
    but ...the coke i see around is often dull off white meaning it's shite.
    it shouldn't be powdery ...it should be tiny crystaly and ...sparkly.
  • Options
    hmmm..after doin some research startin to think it was crack.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chasingviolet
    hmmm..after doin some research startin to think it was crack.
    lucky you!
  • Options
    but then again it was snow like, and id describe snow as powdery. Oh well whatever it was, it was a bit shite, and really notworth my money!!

long live sobriety and straight edged greatness.... ;)
  • Options
    we get coke in a ball shape aswell, dunno why, prob poor quality, i'm not an expert on coke like.
  • Options
    but then again it was snow like, and id describe snow as powdery.
    ;)
    yeah sorry ...didn't explain very well there .
    it should be powdery in the way of snow.
    coke isn't all it's cracked up to be. obviously some people love the stuff but it never realy did much for me unless i mixed it into a goofball ...with heroin.
  • Options
    ah right, well there ya go!...heroine, dont much fancy that :crazyeyes ...with my addictive personality and all....tryin to stop thinkin about the evil coke (or whatever it was)..but can't and only did it once! got bored of bein a stoner though...not what its cracked (play on words-heh) up to be either!
  • Options
    ah right, well there ya go!...heroine, dont much fancy that :crazyeyes ...with my addictive personality and all....tryin to stop thinkin about the evil coke (or whatever it was)..but can't and only did it once! got bored of bein a stoner though...not what its cracked (play on words-heh) up to be either!
    now cannabis is my long term drug of choice.
    i have learned over the years how to use the stuff ...it's not all about getting leathered ...small amounts for different times can be so exhilerating!
  • Options
    i must say that cannabis is my drug of choice mixed at little now and then with pain relief;)
    have tried others but know where i am with the puff:naughty:
  • Options
    Like any powder if cocaine gets damp then it will stick together and form lumps, this is NOT a sign of purity, or is it a definate sign that its not pure.

Stuff coming into the country will be pressed hard into blocks, that will need shaving to produce a powder.

The likelyhood is that you just go relatively poor quality stuff. Cocaine though isnt a drug which kind of pushes the high on you, like MDMA or amphetamine.

It is a little subtle, unless you toot lots in one go. Its not a dopers drug.

I havent done the stuff in about 4 years now, I had a horrific comedown and I've not wanted to go near the stuff since. I did quite like the actual high to it, it just didnt last anywhere near long enough and the come down was harsher than anything else.

Good strong South African cocaine at £25 a gram was worth the money, 'street' cocaine here at £45 a gram is NOT worth it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    ah yes, had my first bit of speed last night in fecking ages, got like 4 grams for £15, good deal like, sniffed it all in a very short time, speed doesn't give you the E buzz but it's interesting to say the least, as for coke, i've only ever dabbled in it myself, wouldn't waste all that money, didn't get much of a buzz either.

You did 4 grams of speed in one night? Either you have a habit and a high tolerance or you got ripped off.
  • Options
    At £15 for 4g you can expect it to be between 5 and 10% pure (maybe less), so you're looking at a dose of between 200 and 400mg. Which is high, but not fantastically high.
  • Options
    Well, yeah, 4g for £15 and you're gonna get mostly glucose powder.
  • Options
    Thats the way it goes isnt it, everyone just accepts it, very very few people get anywhere near pure amphetamine. But given all the cuts are going to be inert and/or harmless theres not that much problem with it.
  • Options
    I haven't bought speed for over 5 years, but it used to be £8/gram for shit stuff, £12 - £15 for decent base. I can't believe it's come down that much.
  • Options
    It varies really depending on the quality and the amount you buy.

It seems to have fallen from favour somewhat in London actually, not that many people seem to use it anymore, even at raves where it used to be quite popular.

Price is between £10 and £20 for 'base' depending on quality, though I'm not really in the market as it were.

Just 'speed' is less, though most dealers dont seem to touch that anymore.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    You did 4 grams of speed in one night? Either you have a habit and a high tolerance or you got ripped off.

don't think it was that pure myself, i knew it was mixed but wasn't sure how much, practically all speed these days is mixed anyway, i dind't sniff it all, speeds the kind of drug you can afford to give to your mates if u know what i mean.
  • Options
    speeds the kind of drug you can afford to give to your mates if u know what i mean.

Thats certainly not an addict talking.
  • Options
    don't think it was that pure myself, i knew it was mixed but wasn't sure how much, practically all speed these days is mixed anyway, i dind't sniff it all, speeds the kind of drug you can afford to give to your mates if u know what i mean.

True. But if you ever get your hands on any decent speed (and it does exist), please don't do 4 grams of it, unless you want to end up in hospital.
  • Options
    Re: 'visiting' Charlie-the coke myth?
    so me and my mates decided to do coke yesterday and...nothing really happened. Starting to think that we were actually given flour or something instead! ha...no, there was a buzz but it didnt last very long..

granted we only did about 2 lines each.

Just wanted to ask some experienced people what your thoughts are on this random 'coke experience'...??

And also it was hard when we were given it, so we had to kind of grind it up, and then it got more powder like..

So are there other ways of doing it, apart from snorting it..like inhaling the smoke or something??

whats going on...im not understaning the 'great' coke myth at all, if thats it.

but then i still want some more..hmm. But doesnt seem worth it.

Must have been shite coke.

Good coke will send you sky high...been having the best coke i've ever taken recently, powerful as fuck, can't honestly believe the strength of it tbh...

Just a case of who you buy from really. Sometimes its just the luck of draw.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Thats certainly not an addict talking.

speeds not the drug i'd automatically go for on a friday or saturday night, i'd only take it the odd time, i know you used to be one and i've read some of your stories and yes it sounds like a very addictive drug if it gets the better of ya, i don't have an addictive personality or nothing so i'll be alright.
  • Options
    yep i've decided it was probably just shite coke in the end after all. oh well..the search continues... thanks peeps for your useful comments etc...wow im listening to gwen stefani. Anyway..happy speeding guys

xxx

p.s nope im not drunk...
  • Options
    speeds not the drug i'd automatically go for on a friday or saturday night, i'd only take it the odd time, i know you used to be one and i've read some of your stories and yes it sounds like a very addictive drug if it gets the better of ya, i don't have an addictive personality or nothing so i'll be alright.

Indeed, its scary how selfish you get when its important to you. I'm normally generous to a fault but with that in the past, well I've bought for my mates then had some out of their half. Which looking back is really nasty, but it seemed a good idea at the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Indeed, its scary how selfish you get when its important to you. I'm normally generous to a fault but with that in the past, well I've bought for my mates then had some out of their half. Which looking back is really nasty, but it seemed a good idea at the time.

I'm sure everyone has done this before at some point whenever buying drugs.