Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Don't know whats wrong

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi

I dont know whats wrong with me at the moment. I feel constantly wound up all the time and have a permenant headache. I cant seem to relax or really enjoy anything anymore. Even things I do I enjoy I get fed up of quick and want to do something else. I've got constant ache in my neck and shoulders and they feel tight all the time no matter what I do. It feels like each day is a stuggle :(

sorry for the rant

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Has anything recently bad happened that you think would have an affect on you being like this?

Do you think you have depression?

Have you slept much?? I usually get really cranky and irritable when I havent slept.

Sorry, I dont really know how I could help at all. :confused:
    = stress

in my opinion. Are you under a lot of pressure from something? Anyway, if it's really getting you down, you could see a doctor, but in my experience they're a bit rubbish when it comes to stress.

There are some articles on thesite about beating stress, I recommend you check them out! Good luck!!
    Re: Don't know whats wrong
    Originally posted by RainbowPhoe
    hi

I dont know whats wrong with me at the moment. I feel constantly wound up all the time and have a permenant headache. I cant seem to relax or really enjoy anything anymore. Even things I do I enjoy I get fed up of quick and want to do something else. I've got constant ache in my neck and shoulders and they feel tight all the time no matter what I do. It feels like each day is a stuggle :(

sorry for the rant

You sound EXACTLY like me.

I think it's probably stress related, it certainly is with me, try to relax a little and think logically about things, and make sure you try not to keep everything bottled inside, make sure there's someone to talk to if you need it. And reward yourself for anything you do by having a damn good time :)
    for a little relief, at least for a while;

go get yourself some deep heat, hide yourself away from any and everyone in your room, rub librally on your neck and shoulders, and lay still on your bed or the floor, listening to music.

don't move, beathe deeply, try not to think, and listen to something nice and calming :)
    cheers for all your replies.

Its been suggested that it is depression but I've been depressed before and it doesn't feel like that.

with stressful stuff I'm under a lot of pressure at work and keep getting the blame for things that aren't my fault. I've also been having a bad time with my asthma off late and keep getting chest infections all the time. My bloke is currently undergoing tests to get to the problem of stuff thats wrong with him and my home life isn't great.

The idea of shutting myself in my room with deep heat and relaxing sounds fantastic I just need to stop being like a cat on hot bricks first .

feeling a little more calm than when I posted yesterday
    It sounds like you do have a lot of pressures on you at the moment. Much as it's easier said than done, you should try and think of yourself more. Take some time out every day to do something that makes you feeling calmer and happy - even if it's just having a bath or reading a magazine. These articles might help you:

coping with stress

Health MOT for winter

Hope you're feeling better soon
    :)
    A lot of people have mentioned that stress or pressure or even despression may be the cause for your concern. If you are always feeling down then maybe depression but as you have said you have had depression before and this is not the cause for your concern this time. But if you are constanly having trouble with joints and bones then I suggest you see your GP (Remember you have a choice of which one you may see -male or female- but you can also make an appointment to see if the nurse at your surgery if you are uncomfortable in seeing your doctor) They will then be able to provide you with a full medical explanation of what is going on. You never know it may be something thats needs treatment to go away. You may be required to seek referral to a orthopaedic (bone + muscle) consulantant or a paediatric consultant (children). I suggest you inform your parents or someone close to you about your concern if you require to be referred but if you are unconfotable with this see the doctor first and see what he/she says. Hope this helps
    if you are stressed an indian head massage is wonderful for the tension in neck an shoulders i am always tense except for when i have massage i relax so much when having it done they think i'm asleep really do recomend it
    Sounds like the headache is a tension headache, which usually stems from the neck. I suggest those heat packs you stick to your shoulders, they really help sooth tense areas. A hot bath/shower will help too.

As for the depression/pressure stuff, I have no idea, I'm pretty useless with stuff like that.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey guys, this thread is from 2004 so gonna close it.
This discussion has been closed.