Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hacked Phpbb...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Our HIMonline.tv forum has been hacked into and deleted. It's on Phpbb if that means anything?!

Anyone know how someone would hack into it, or how we can fix it?

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    oh my god that forum is running a old version of phpbb, no wonder it was exploited.

update it to 2.0.11 ASAP, the forum has exploited by an update that was in all previous versions up to and including 2.0.10

read

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=240513

and

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=240636
  • Options
    We've now lost total control of the forum, they've deleted and banned all admin and mods... :(

Ilora x
  • Options
    haha!

that's kind of funny...

sorry to be insensitive....
  • Options
    Report it to your hosting company.
  • Options
    If you upload phpbb to your own webspace, simply change all the permissions for users, grant yourself admin powers again, ban their ip's - report the ip's and hey presto.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila
    If you upload phpbb to your own webspace, simply change all the permissions for users, grant yourself admin powers again, ban their ip's - report the ip's and hey presto.

I'd do that but make sure you update phpbb to the latest version as described in the post i made above because if you dont then its just going to happen all over again.
  • Options
    What about this forum??

It's using version 2 when there's a version three out now, isn't this site in danger of the same thing?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    What about this forum??

It's using version 2 when there's a version three out now, isn't this site in danger of the same thing?

in all previous versions up to and including 2.0.10

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.3.0

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila

He would of been on a proxy no doubt, basnning the IP wouldn't of done much and cleared any entry logs, etc. He seemed like a nub hacker so I very much doubt he took any precautions.
    vBulletin Version 2.3.0

costs money :(.
  • Options
    vbulletin is about 423424234 times better than phpbb though
  • Options
    http://www.myg0t.com

They were probably the ones that did it, although you will have to wait a while for the above link to work.

myg0t, in case you dont know, began from an online game called Counter-Strike. They pretty much just joined together and tried as hard as possible to spoil everyones fun.
    They then progressed into making hacks and cheats for this game, and it just snowballed.

You may of heard of the game "Half Life 2"'s source code being stolen via a 'hacker'.

His name on the above forums is [myg0t]g0d.
  • Options
    Myg0t are a bunch of fucking fags, they should be called fag0t.

There a more than just those wanna be hacker scumbags that would hack a weak messaeboard.
  • Options
    Out of the millions of wannabes there, theres about 3 of them that have actually got some so-called "skill" when it comes to computers.

And i really can not believe the way the wannabes worship the members, its truely pathetic.

Glad they got shut down, but they'll be back.
  • Options
    True, they just have a large following of kids that just wanna be a pain in the arse. By the way, do you have a link to a news story or anything on the myg0t site being shut down?
  • Options
    erm. unless they somehow nuked your mySQL database you should be able to re-add the administrator account using raw SQL commands, and a password hash... and then patch phpbb and be back up and running again
  • Options
    Just to let u guys know, SonyBmg got their computer techies onto it, and we now have our forum back...

Apparently, they backed up the forum only a week before the hack lol. *sigh of relief!*

Thanks for your help guys :) Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    True, they just have a large following of kids that just wanna be a pain in the arse. By the way, do you have a link to a news story or anything on the myg0t site being shut down?

No, sorry.

i looked everywhere for myself a while back, but they just dissapeared off the face of the planet, havnt heard anything since.
    i do stil have ties to myg0t (yes, yes, i was one of those dick-heads once. But i passed puberty).

Ill have a dig around for you.