Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Random email

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got this by email
Dear Sir

I wish to appeal against the parking fine I incurred last Saturday, since I was not parking just stopping to pick up a friends’ permit from my mother, a new one which she had just collected that week. My mother lives at 1, St Bernard’s Rd Oxford, a house beleaguered by building works on both sides; there were no spaces in front of the house, as although the skip which has been there for a year has been removed, one space is taken up by site huts for the Horse and Jockey development and the others were occupied by non resident white builders’ vans working as they have done every day for thirteen months on number 3.

I stopped over the road in the area which has been restricted for the Horse and Jockey building deliveries (most of the week however this is fully occupied by the contractors vans not delivering, just parking). They do not work the site ever at weekends. My mother was on the fourth floor of the house, decorating, up a ladder. It took her the five minutes to get down and find where she had put the new permits, but as I returned to my car with the permit, I met the warden who had issued the ticket, we estimated that he had allowed me a bare five minutes, if that, to get a permit. In the circumstances I think this is unreasonable and ask that you rescind the parking fine.

Very strange. Makes a change from penis enlargement spam I suppose. :lol:

Has anyone else ever had a random email?

Comments

• Options
    i get loads for some odd minister of god knows where
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Random email
    Originally posted by Kentish
    I just got this by email

Very strange. Makes a change from penis enlargement spam I suppose. :lol:

Has anyone else ever had a random email?
    Are you sure this wasn't sincere and sent to the wrong address? Cause I don't see why someone would send something like this to random people, since it's neither funny nor advertising something.
  • Options
    i used to get the nigerian scams regular so i started writting back to them ...as an ex crook wishing them lots of luck with their latest scam ... they don't bother me anymore.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Random email
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Are you sure this wasn't sincere and sent to the wrong address? Cause I don't see why someone would send something like this to random people, since it's neither funny nor advertising something.
    I guess it must be, but it's not very well written. I thought it might be a scam to get me to reply so they know the email account is active and then put me on more spam lists.

My fault for choosing parkingfineappeals@hotmail.com as my email :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: Re: Random email
    Originally posted by Kentish
    My fault for choosing parkingfineappeals@hotmail.com as my email :rolleyes:
    That's sarcastic, no?
    Well, whoever is responsible for this kind of thing might be using a regular email adress, like will_tractin@yahoo.com , and it might look like yours; I don't know!
    Though I know someone who's address is (not exactly) global_computers@yahoo.com and it's not a company.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    That's sarcastic, no?
    ;)

My email address isn't my name, but it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that it isn't the parking fine appeals department at Oxford City Council. :lol:
  • Options
    Many councils will only allow you to appeal in writing in any case. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Many councils will only allow you to appeal in writing in any case. ;)
    but not i fear to kentish!
    kentish said it was ok your honour ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    but not i fear to kentish!
    kentish said it was ok your honour ...
    Should I pardon her then?