Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ebay Seconds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many seconds do you wait until placing that very last bid on ebay?

I tried waiting until 20 seconds today and thenthe PC slowed down and I missed out by a few seconds.

Tried 30 seconds before but then some smarty always seems to up the bid with no time to react.

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just place a bid ages before with the highest price...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    eBay sniping.. the way to go :thumb:.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Ebay Seconds
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    How many seconds do you wait until placing that very last bid on ebay?

    I tried waiting until 20 seconds today and thenthe PC slowed down and I missed out by a few seconds.

    Tried 30 seconds before but then some smarty always seems to up the bid with no time to react.

    Maybe they had a maximum bid set?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I just place a bid ages before with the highest price...

    :yes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Ebay Seconds
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Maybe they had a maximum bid set?

    Nah I just left it about 5 seconds too late
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Ebay Seconds
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Nah I just left it about 5 seconds too late

    I always do it about 1 min to end then if someone else bids i got time to do another.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I just place a bid ages before with the highest price...

    you usually end up paying more that way.

    :yes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    www.auctionstealer.com

    :)

    What a good idea!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you usually end up paying more that way.

    :yes:

    Either way, I normally buy things that nobody else buys, like books, and you can often pick them up for 99p. I've never been sniped, and if someone bids over what I'm willing to pay there's tonnes of others out there.

    Some things though that there are only a few of you can get huge bidding wars that go out of control towards the end.

    At least in my (limited) experience. I'm waiting till after xmas when all the prices will plummet due to over-supply of everything and anything. Might even pick up myself an old playstation 2 :chin:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bad seed
    What a good idea!

    Yeah looks good.
    Wonder what would happen if two people had it tho & set for same time.:chin:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    orrr

    buy a ps2 from places that have them in stock, and then sell it on ebay, and use the inflated price you earnt to keep money and have a ps2 ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Some things though that there are only a few of you can get huge bidding wars that go out of control towards the end.

    I had that on something i was selling recently, they bid the same you pay in the shops :/.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its free listing day today, so there will be tonnes of cheap stuff today. I love buying on free listing days cos theres so much stuff, it goes for cheaper. Its a buyers market. A lot of serious sellers wont list on those days for that reason though.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Its free listing day today, so there will be tonnes of cheap stuff today. I love buying on free listing days cos theres so much stuff, it goes for cheaper. Its a buyers market. A lot of serious sellers wont list on those days for that reason though.

    Isn't it free listings for buy now only though?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i :heart: bidding wars. it's a seller's dream.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i :heart: bidding wars. it's a seller's dream.

    I imagine my stepdad with his eBay enterprise loves them too :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whilst we are on the subject of ebay, i need some help. I have a spaceinvaders game keyring but i dont know where to put it (what category) any idea anyone?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Whilst we are on the subject of ebay, i need some help. I have a spaceinvaders game keyring but i dont know where to put it (what category) any idea anyone?
    Video games? Toys & Games?
Sign In or Register to comment.