Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

marking all forums as read ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whats that all about then?
i see in who's on line people doing this ...does that mean those topics no longer appear or something?
i don't get it.

Comments

• Options
    Try it and see what happens :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    look at the symbols next to the posts.
    then go look at the new posts page
    then go mark all as read
    then repeat from top and note changes.

it's for visuals .. incase you keep track of every post
    cheers brit but ...at the moment that made no sense ...why do you need to do it ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Try it and see what happens :p
    i can't be arsed.
    i seem to have got set in my ways coming here.
    in my favs i have anything and politics. i open both ...don't have to log in or anything ...then flit from forum to forum with the occasinal right click refresh ...i don't use the new posts or the main index ...am i doing things the slow way ...?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    am i doing things the slow way ...?

Nah I dont think so, I dont have mine in me faves so Im slower than you :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Nah I dont think so, I dont have mine in me faves so Im slower than you :lol:
    ...and the front page ...not seen it for a long long time ...might go and have a look ...not sure why though.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I need to use that thing quite often since I got my new computer... For some reason, the same threads keep appearing as unread again and again periodically, and the only way to avoid having a thread where the last response is my own marked as unread (for example) is to mark everything as read.
  • Options
    well for me its the only way to set threads as read even when i have already read them :/