Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Matrix

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i've FINALLY watched all three matrix movies.....

well.. tonight i finished the last one...

i'm in LOVE!!!!

not only is it an amazing movie in general! and has an amazing plot and it's just amazing!!

i loved the symbolism.. and UGH!

juST LOVE!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The first one was interesting because it was different.

The other two were so loaded with faux philosophy its laughable.

And of course there are many many holes in the plot, and its really obvious they have tried to make it 'deep' when its not.

Apart from that they're not bad.
  • Options
    They should have left if at the one, the other two were alright, but didn't compare at all to the impact of the first.

As Bong said there are so many holes in the plot with the last two, and the philosophy just gets tangled up.

I also like the first due to the limited style.
  • Options
    The biggest flaw is the fact that you wouldnt want to escape from the matrix.

So you've got out of your pod, great, now you get to starve to death on a cold, lifeless planet. Well done!

The moral of the matrix is if it looks, smells and feels like the real world then it probably is and asking any further questions is stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The biggest flaw is the fact that you wouldnt want to escape from the matrix.

So you've got out of your pod, great, now you get to starve to death on a cold, lifeless planet. Well done!

The moral of the matrix is if it looks, smells and feels like the real world then it probably is and asking any further questions is stupid.

Yeah but the answer to that is, you are not free. Your life maybe amazing in the matrix, but it's all an illusion, you are a prisoner. And yes Zion is truly crap, but the machines don't have you.

And the first film does state many people, even if they were told the truth, wouldn't want to leave, but some do........
  • Options

But if i was in that situation, the Matrix would probably do for me, it's pratically the same isn't it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    Yeah but the answer to that is, you are not free. Your life maybe amazing in the matrix, but it's all an illusion, you are a prisoner. And yes Zion is truly crap, but the machines don't have you.

And the first film does state many people, even if they were told the truth, wouldn't want to leave, but some do........

But WHY?

Your life to all your senses is exactly the same as real life, so what difference does it make whether or not you are in a pod?
  • Options
    But WHY?

Your life to all your senses is exactly the same as real life, so what difference does it make whether or not you are in a pod?

Because you are at the whim of those machines, they can alter reality, change everything around. For example, agent smith states in the first one, that one matrix was made where their was no evil, but humans didn't like it, so they changed it, and put bad people in their.

So you could be one person one day, living a certain life, and wake up and that has all changed. And the scariest thing is you wouldn't even know. You have no free will at all, the machines have total control over what happens in the world.
  • Options
    Because you are at the whim of those machines, they can alter reality, change everything around. For example, agent smith states in the first one, that one matrix was made where their was no evil, but humans didn't like it, so they changed it, and put bad people in their.

So you could be one person one day, living a certain life, and wake up and that has all changed. And the scariest thing is you wouldn't even know. You have no free will at all, the machines have total control over what happens in the world.

Oh well, if you dont have any knowledge of it happening why/how would it affect you? It wouldnt.

And anyway, given that we are all just fueled by chemical reactions in our brain 'free will' is a concept completely alien to our 'choices'.

And, even if we did have free will then I still wouldnt want to leave the pod and stave to death in some god forsaken cave.
  • Options
    Better ending would have been if zion and the 'real world' were in fact another level of the matrix, and Neo had been a program. Then Trinity actually got out and had to choose between Neo and turning off the matrix.
  • Options

And, even if we did have free will then I still wouldnt want to leave the pod and stave to death in some god forsaken cave.

There comes a point in my brain, when discussing philosophical topics, that my brain hurts to much...

I think it's this, it falls into roughly two camps, some people don't care if they are being used by computers like batteries, they have a nice life (ie, that Judas character in no.1), but some like Neo can't be confortable like that, they always feel something isn't right, they can never be happy, and i think that stems from the fact that they know they are prisoners.

Would you really be happy in the Matrix if you knew what it really was? I don't think so.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Better ending would have been if zion and the 'real world' were in fact another level of the matrix, and Neo had been a program. Then Trinity actually got out and had to choose between Neo and turning off the matrix.

That's a cool idea.
  • Options
    Would you really be happy in the Matrix if you knew what it really was? I don't think so.

If I knew what the alternative was then definately I'd choose the Matrix any day.

I'm not really saying that I would like to be used by a computer, because I think the whole premise is rubbish, but I'd rather live in a world that was very very nearly normal to one where I was going to die slowly and horribly.
  • Options
    The Matrix is an amazing film, but the first one is by far the best of the three. The fight scenes in 2 and 3 though, are pretty damn cool. I suppose the whole point of the films is that you don't really know what is real, and what is not, and that so many people blindy accept 'reality' without ever questionning its nature. The fact that it's only a few people who 'feel' (see, it's not even based on fact, knowing about the matrix is partly intuition) that the matrix actually exists at all is cool, but what is it they have that others don't? The whole idea of human enslavement by a superior being is also cool since it's a subversion of human behaviour, using less intelligent creatures to further ourselves is human norm, but the machines have changed all that. But think about it, if you were unplugged from the matrix, you'd be able to 'know kung-fu'. :D
  • Options
    No you wouldnt, if you were unplugged you'd doom yourself to a life living in a small hole in the ground with no food with nasty robots after you.