Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Housing & Rent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Uhm i think its ok to put this here

I recently found out Edinburgh council has changed the way you go about applying for a council house / flat / general living area. Basically they get you to sign up with them and look through either their adverts in the evening news published weekly or online via their website. They give you the choice of housing with them or via them and 24 other housing companies.

Heres my question :

I'm clueless about all this kinda stuff. I was wondering if any of you could tell me, if you knew, which other councils have this same way of getting a place with them because i quite fancy moving away somewhere, either to England or ireland. Of course their is a ton of other stuff i need to think of which is why i'll be having a chat with me dad about it all.

I havent got a clue and any help would really be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys and girls :)

P.s. As i have just thought this up right now i haven't done any searching or any other forms of looking into this other than what i read on the Edinburgh council website as im shattered and heading to bed in a mo but i will be when i get up 2moro afternoon

Comments

• Options
    Im not sure........but im bumping it up cos someone else might know :)
  • Options
    the only way i think you could get a council house is if you where homeless when my land lord gave us a eviction notice the councl found us a house in 48hrs but we have got kids and if we had been single thay would have put us in a hostal i do know that thay dont like putting people in to b&b any more though what about renting privet ? could you do that ?
  • Options
    They will only give you a place if you have connections with the area & if you are a single male you havent got much chance either.