Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MS drug made from Cannabis is rejected

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story.

What do you guys think about this?

Comments

• Options
    Re: MS drug made from Cannabis is rejected
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Story.

What do you guys think about this?
    why am i not surprised?
    possibly the most amazing plant we can live with or ...erradicate.
    well i'm fucked if i'm listening very much anymore ...
  • Options
    the flimsiest bit of half baked research against this plant ...and it's jumped on as proof of how evil this stuff realy is and generations upon genersations testimony to it's powers both good and not so ...scientific studies of great length from victorian times to now ...to show you positive things ...no no no! we can't start agreeing with them!~nooooo!!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: MS drug made from Cannabis is rejected
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    why am i not surprised?
    possibly the most amazing plant we can live with or ...erradicate.
    well i'm fucked if i'm listening very much anymore ...

Sadly it's not surprising at all. What's worse is the new legislation Blunkett is imposing, where you can get charged with possesion if you have traces of drugs in your blood. That's just totally out of order, especially as cannabis stays in your system for weeks.

It's actually quite sickening that when you have traces of a plant in your blood, you can get charged.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: MS drug made from Cannabis is rejected
    Sadly it's not surprising at all. What's worse is the new legislation Blunkett is imposing, where you can get charged with possesion if you have traces of drugs in your blood. That's just totally out of order, especially as cannabis stays in your system for weeks.

It's actually quite sickening that when you have traces of a plant in your blood, you can get charged.
    it's fucking frightening!
    i could be barred from posititions and even imprisoned because
    of a common weed ...
    not because i'm a bad man.
    like being a witch ...ostracised ...burnt at the stake ...thrown into chains ...is this the fucking dark ages or what?
    i pity you you young people who are growing up into an alien reality that i could not and would not want to live with for long.
  • Options
    evryone above you ...will know how much you drank ...what you smoked ...when you did it.
    they are setting rules that realy take your adulthood away from you here.
    the public cannot be trusted to get intoxicated ...we will control these people ...all the people ...all the fucking time people!
    our technology is driving us toward hell ...and we are mostly appluading along thew way.
    wake up for fucks sake ...i am not a a fucking rat in a cage for you ...whoever you may fucking be ...to control!
  • Options
    to me it sounds like the regulators buying time for them to come up with a coherent policy that is acceptable to governement.

With the recent reasearch that frequent cannabis use can increase the risk of mental health problems in those who are susceptable, its no surprise that anything with THC in it could make regulators cautious.

Although the methods used in the latest research on mental health dont actually tell us anything of the actual effectiveness of CBD or THC in this process.

Is one or a combination or either that increses the risk; HELLO! HOME OFFICE! lots of citizens smoking dope, possible health concern? more evidence needed to better focus education and treatment, as well as (and heres a novel idea) INFORM policy making?:confused:
  • Options
    You know, some of you are just as bad as the legislators.

Did you see the research? Did you see the trials? Do you really know that this drug actually works?

No, you dont.

But because its made from the 'sacred herb' then it must be good?!

ALL drugs need to go through vigourous trials.

Yes, this one might have been held back because of what it is, but you dont know that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    You know, some of you are just as bad as the legislators.

Did you see the research? Did you see the trials? Do you really know that this drug actually works?

No, you dont.

But because its made from the 'sacred herb' then it must be good?!

ALL drugs need to go through vigourous trials.

Yes, this one might have been held back because of what it is, but you dont know that.
    the patients were obiously happy with it as were their organisation and it is this respected organisation who is well pissed off about how this was pulled!
    truth is ...those same patients i'll bet my quids are ...now back on the spliff ...because they were fucking happy with that as well ...apart from the fact that it's illegal ...
    after thousands of fucking years it's illegal ...based on what dear bong ...public health concern?
    bollox ...after serious research started toward the end of the 19th century we have now arrived at ...it could trigger a mental emotional problem that might have been underlying ...same as the 19th century report then.
    yes i will stick up for the herb ...no i won't ignore bits you don't like ...but while the vast majority of people continue with the endless demonizing of the stuff ...i'll try my best to counter balance it with some common sense and values of freedom.
  • Options
    Rolly, its not about sticking up for 'the herb' or demonising it for that matter.

Its about making sure that a drug is safe before it is released onto the market.

I think cannabis has an excellent potential as a medicine, but we shouldnt rush things.

One release of a cannabis related medicine which doesnt work or is risky will halt all other trials and put the medicalisation of cannabis back years.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: MS drug made from Cannabis is rejected

Please say that isn't true:eek2: , what is our society turn into? We are becoming so Big Brother, I am getting more paranoid every day, as history shows that people always leave it till its too late to change what is happening :(.

That is too fucked up to even contemplate.
  • Options
    Yes, they are bringing in the possibility of charging people if they test possitive.

BUT, its never going to happen for those testing possitive for cannabis. It is so they can force people into treatment who are caught stealing something and test possitive for cocaine/heroin.

This obviously is a rubbish idea because you cant force treatment on people and it forces those who want treatment into the criminal justice system.