Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

For anyone who thinks they're feeling broody.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My kids, between them, have now had stomach bugs for 10 days straight. I have had it up to here with cleaning up sick and poo from bedding, clothes and floors and not being able to sleep properly cause I'm awake every time one of them twitches in case they're doing something else that needs cleaning up. I should have bought shares in Pampers and Dettol.

Also, this morning my seven year old managed in one moment of carelessness to write off a carpet and a sofa with one litre of emulsion, making in the process a mess which it has taken me four hours to clean up.

If you're still feeling broody you can borrow one of mine.

That is all. Thank you.
«1

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I knew there was a reason I didnt want kids.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i still want kids....but i'm planning on having a nanny to do all the yicky late night stuff
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll have a hysterectomy please.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    I'll have a hysterectomy please.

    you NEVER want to have kids? :( hmmm :( now im sad :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why's that make you sad?

    Some people love dogs but that doesn't mean I have to want one.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That hasn't put me off. You have to take the bad with the good.

    Also, I hope they feel better soon and you get some well earned sleep.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Why's that make you sad?

    Some people love dogs but that doesn't mean I have to want one.

    they are little babies...little human who you bring up and raise into something you can watch grow throughout your whole life, and im feeling rather shit where babies are concerned right now :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    they are little babies...little human who you bring up and raise into something you can watch grow throughout your whole life, and im feeling rather shit where babies are concerned right now :(

    Oh, ok, sorry.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd rather not have children, not that there's an amazing amount of choice in the matter right now.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: For anyone who thinks they're feeling broody.
    Originally posted by Miffy
    My kids, between them, have now had stomach bugs for 10 days straight. I have had it up to here with cleaning up sick and poo from bedding, clothes and floors and not being able to sleep properly cause I'm awake every time one of them twitches in case they're doing something else that needs cleaning up. I should have bought shares in Pampers and Dettol.

    Also, this morning my seven year old managed in one moment of carelessness to write off a carpet and a sofa with one litre of emulsion, making in the process a mess which it has taken me four hours to clean up.

    If you're still feeling broody you can borrow one of mine.

    That is all. Thank you.



    Excellent i have all that to look forward to

    I have just found out i am gonna be a mum.......Yey! i can't wait i'm well excited :hyper:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Oh, ok, sorry.

    dont be....just a minor little thing
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Re: For anyone who thinks they're feeling broody.

    Oh dear, miffy. Hope your kids all get better soon.
    Originally posted by Charlie'dAngel
    Excellent i have all that to look forward to

    I have just found out i am gonna be a mum.......Yey! i can't wait i'm well excited :hyper:

    Congratulations :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nice.. i still want kids though :D:p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tell you what though, all of that STILL wasn't as bad as the time two of them painted themselves head to toe with gloss paint. :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On a similar subject> apparently when Chris was little he managed to take his pooey nappy off whilst in his cot & smear it all over his & the walls ect.:eek2:

    Hope your little ones get better soon Miffy. I find one hard enough at times.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    they are little babies...little human who you bring up and raise into something you can watch grow throughout your whole life, and im feeling rather shit where babies are concerned right now :(

    You're right, and I love my neices and nephew to bits, and the babies at church, but I'd be a terrible mother.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: For anyone who thinks they're feeling broody.
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    Oh dear, miffy. Hope your kids all get better soon.



    Congratulations :)


    thank you :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: For anyone who thinks they're feeling broody.
    Originally posted by Charlie'dAngel
    I have just found out i am gonna be a mum.......Yey! i can't wait i'm well excited :hyper:
    Great news! :thumb:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohhh Miffy I feel for you thats yuck. When I worked at nursery once we had 6 of our 8 babies that we looked after all caught the same stomach bug...they all went home eventually but the amount of nappies we had to change in the meantime :yuck:

    I am ridiculously broody at the moment. Its quite scary.

    Congratulations Charlie'd Angel :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hasn't put me off.

    it's just reinforced my 'small numbers, big gaps' plan ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    they are little babies...little human who you bring up and raise into something you can watch grow throughout your whole life

    And pay for, and clean up after etc. etc...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bad seed
    And pay for, and clean up after etc. etc...

    And pay for some more.

    Mind, Miffy has five of the buggers. More than two and I'd probably smother mine:D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    And pay for some more.

    Mind, Miffy has five of the buggers. More than two and I'd probably smother mine:D
    apparently you dont notice it as much after the first two. its a big leap from none to one, and then a big leap from one to two in terms of work, and then after that, its not much extra work ive heard, they keep each other occupied.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    hasn't put me off.

    it's just reinforced my 'small numbers, big gaps' plan ;)
    :yes: im planning on a huge gap between mine.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    :yes: im planning on a huge gap between mine.

    What do you call huge if you don't mind me asking? We havent decided if we are gonna have another but if we do it will be a big gap, maybe 5 years.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    apparently you dont notice it as much after the first two. its a big leap from none to one, and then a big leap from one to two in terms of work, and then after that, its not much extra work ive heard, they keep each other occupied.

    I suppose that makes sense, really. And the older ones can help with the latest addition.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Tweety
    What do you call huge if you don't mind me asking? We havent decided if we are gonna have another but if we do it will be a big gap, maybe 5 years.
    well lennys nearly 4. Im planning on being at college for the next 4 years, and maybe working for a year after college so i can get full maternity pay, I would say a 9 year gap probably.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    well lennys nearly 4. Im planning on being at college for the next 4 years, and maybe working for a year after college so i can get full maternity pay, I would say a 9 year gap probably.

    Lenny will be old enough to help :).
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    well lennys nearly 4. Im planning on being at college for the next 4 years, and maybe working for a year after college so i can get full maternity pay, I would say a 9 year gap probably.

    there's 9 years between mr. kaff and his big sister, and they get on really well. :thumb:

    i'm going for a slightly smaller gap. about 5 years. so one can go to school while i'm faffing about with the next.
Sign In or Register to comment.