Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

National Lottery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone still play this?

Anyone know of anyone that won more then £10?

I rememebr at Uni my flatmate said he only buys it once a year but buys like 50 tickets in one go and so him and another guy did that and won zero, but my other friend boght a single ticket and won over £50, which made then go a bit red.

I just bought my tickets online and have to say it's good cos I spend less now on tickets and they actually get checked instantly where as before I'd often not check them for weeks!

Comments

• Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    My auntie got 5 numbers and a bonus ball so got about £75k.

I have had 4 numbers before but only got a crap amount like £30 because there were loads of winners that week.

And yes, I still play.
  • Options
    i still play it sometimes not regulary.
    i keep thinking its about time it our turn but to no avail.:cool:
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I play every Wednesday Saturday, one line each, same numbers each time. I won a tenner the second time I played it, and I've won £65 with four numbers. My boyfriend's won a tenner quite a few times.
  • Options
    I played a scratchcard once.
  • Options
    Ive played once! I bought a ticket when I was 16 and I got 2 numbers. :/
  • Options
    We do it, won about £70 once with 4 number, got several tenners too.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, my mate's boyfriend won £2 million on it once but he blew it all. Now all he's got to show for it is some bling bling gold jewellery. He used to live in Chipping Sodbury. I think it was in the local papers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Oh yeah, my mate's boyfriend won £2 million on it once but he blew it all. Now all he's got to show for it is some bling bling gold jewellery. He used to live in Chipping Sodbury. I think it was in the local papers.

Vaugely remember something...
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

Blew it on what sorts of things?

Wow even just stuck in the bank he could have gotten about £100,000 a year in bank interest (@ 5%) and lived of that for the rest of his life!!

Does he at least have a house out of it or something like that?

The big difference between our lottery and the US ones is you get all your money at once tax free in the USA most pay out ovr like 10 years or longer I think and some even tax you on it!!