Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cannabis and the lungs...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Noticed something on the net the other day whilst browsing.

Apparently there's no medical proof that the smoking of cannabis damages yer lungs?? That the supposed influx of heavy dope smokers with lung problems hasn't actually happened?

Anyone know if this is bullshit or holds some credibility...;)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Cannabis and the lungs...
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    Noticed something on the net the other day whilst browsing.

Apparently there's no medical proof that the smoking of cannabis damages yer lungs?? That the supposed influx of heavy dope smokers with lung problems hasn't actually happened?

Anyone know if this is bullshit or holds some credibility...;)
    if you read through the looorng thread in politics called FAO luke ...and read through i have piut some info there about this.
    a quick puff on a spliff can save an ashmatics life ...diminish and even stop the attack and help prevent attacks.
    it cleans the lungs. where fag smoke damages the very tiny blood vessels in the lungs ...beyond repair ...cannabis doesn't effect this bit in any way.
    people believe that all smoke is damaging or irritating to the lungs ...cos they been brainwashed ...there are a number of herbs that have been burnt and their smoke inhaled for chest and lung problems ...for ever like.
    and whats more ...proved in this high tech age to be beneficial.
  • Options
    I could very well be wrong here, but I thought that all smoked substances had carcinogens in them, which fuck you up a bit. I dunno, but I'm pretty sure that if you smoke ANYTHING it's bad for you. Still, not gonna stop me from smoking whatever I feel like
  • Options
    i think i read rolly say somewhere that there are 60 beneficial substances in cannabis smoke.
  • Options
    I don't doubt that there are beneficial effects to it, not least of which being it's fucking nice. But I'm pretty sure everything nowadays gives you cancer, so I wouldn't hold your breath (or you may spew up blood)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bison
    I could very well be wrong here, but I thought that all smoked substances had carcinogens in them, which fuck you up a bit. I dunno, but I'm pretty sure that if you smoke ANYTHING it's bad for you. Still, not gonna stop me from smoking whatever I feel like
    all smoke may well contain possible cancer causing agents ...doesn't mean your going to get cancer ...
  • Options
    the chances of getting lung cancer is also gene related, my granny has been smoking 40 a day for nearly 60 years and she hasn't got it, my dad 20 a day for 25 years, dead on, i reckon i'll be alright.
  • Options
    Fuck it, I've been smoking 20 a day since I was 15, I probably WILL die of cancer. I'm not saying 'stop smoking it's bad', I'm just saying everything's bad, so enjoy smoking
  • Options
    I'm just saying everything's bad

even a good ole pull.
  • Options
    well, maybe not EVERYTHING
  • Options
    I don't doubt that there are beneficial effects to it, not least of which being it's fucking nice. But I'm pretty sure everything nowadays gives you cancer, so I wouldn't hold your breath (or you may spew up blood)

we all have cancerous cell (i think i read that), but they are not all active, yes there are things that make them active , but what make them active in 1 person wont neccesaraly ma ke thhem active in another.
  • Options
    Yeh can't be too good with alot of todays youth smoking joint after joint of soapbar and tobaccco, got to do something nasty eventually...
    Pure green so much nicer on the lungs...
  • Options
    Its NOT going to be good for you, you are holding a foriegn substance into your lungs, forcing your body to accept it, along with the tars and other nasty bits in the smoke.

And dont fool yourself that green is any better, do you know that no pesticide was used? Do you know what fertiliser was used? No. You clearly dont, you smoke hydroponic weed, which means its never probably seen the sun, its really not a 'natural' product at all.

Whether its any better or worse than tobacco is up for debate, but it quite probably is going to harm you.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The following was taken from this page on Erowid -
    The cancer risk in the most part comes from the smoke, not from the cannabinoids. This is an artifact of the delivery system, not the drug (it comes from burning the plant material, not the cannabinoids.

To say that cannabis isn't as harmful of tobacco may be true, not enough research has been done to be in any way certain about that. To say that smoking ANYTHING is not harmful to your lungs is just wrong!!
  • Options
    Exactly, if you were smoking pure THC then it probably wouldnt do you any great harm, but even that I would doubt, your lungs are not designed for it.