Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Credit Check

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK I've just recently turned 18, got my Visa Debit Card and set out to take out a new fone contract with o2 online. they've just informed me I've failed my Credit Check. I'm waiting for a reason. Can someone explain what a credit check is, and why it is likely I failed? I'm pretty annoyed coz I can see no valid reason why.

Comments

• Options
    It's to see if you're likely to be a bad credit risk

the longer you've lived at your current address, longer you've worked, more money in the bank, the more likely you are to get your phone

I also aplied for a BT mobile today on the web and passed, I was a bit worred cos a few months ago some twat used our address to buy mobile phones and we don't know who they are and we've been at this address for 30 years
  • Options
    I failed my credit check when i signed up for O2, it was an online tariff but i tried ordering over the phone where the sales bloke put my address in wrong despite me telling him so the address he put in the system didnt match up with the one on the card.

He gave me a number to ring and check my credit rating out, but i think its best to see if all the details that they have are correct first and match that of the card!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    it might be because you don't have a credit history

:yes:

Either that or they don't think you have money going to your bank on a regular basis-I failed one for a debit card because I get paid on a 4 week, 4 week, 5 week basis, so not regularly enough.