Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The crazy generation

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The longer I live the more I like those 60’-70’ oldies. There is something mystical in their music. I don’t mean Beatles and other pop idols. I’m talking about guys like Keith Emerson, Robert Fripp, Syd Barret, Klaus Shultze, Jim Morrison… Thirty years ago “Yes”’s live concert could attract 100 000 fans, who is able to do this nowadays? 50 Cents? Yes, they can, but what does this mean? Decline and rotting.
Are there guys on the board who share my opinions?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    indeed i do... i love old music too, Jim Morrision... simply a legend,
    most good songs today are simply remixes of old ones anyways.

good point labrat
  • Options
    Classic decline in standards message, societies going to hell in a handbasket.

Do you know how long people have been decrying 'modern' music and falling morals?
  • Options
    Jim Morrison was a fat drunken cunt.
  • Options
    jim morisson became fat way after his great time of fame...

also, he was on much more than just alcohol...

he is simply a legend. fairplay if u dont like him, no need to diss him though

RIP Jim
  • Options
    He was a pretetious tosser.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of Doors albums in my collection. I just haven't listened to them for about 12 years. People tend to go through a Doors phase in their late teens/early 20's, then grow out of it.