Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bellybar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive had my belly done for 3 months now, and i can change the bar. Thing is im scared to take it out lol, incase its not healed or summink. Did everyone else change the bar at 3months and was it ok? *need reassurance lol*

Comments

• Options
    Hiya!

I had my belly bar in for about a year before taking it out and changing it. Unlike the tongue, the belly takes longer to heal, so I took my tongue bar out to change after about a month and it was cool.

I think, just to be xtra sure, leave it in for about six months, spin it around to check it moves around and feel around for any bumps/sore/painful areas. If pus is still coming out and stuff then keep cleaning it till it heals. If it moves fine and aint stuck inside your tummy then try taking it out. It should be a little bit jammed when u do take it out but it shouldn't hurt and it shouldn't puss or anything.

Hope it makes sense + helps.
  • Options
    ive had mine done for over three years i think now, i took mine out and changed it after 6 weeks and it was fine, and has been fine every since, ive never had any infections or anything, you should be ok by 3 months at changing it :)
  • Options
    mine was still not fully healed after six months :s
  • Options
    I waited around six months before I changed mine. I'd wait a bit longer just to make sure it is fully healed or you could end up having problems with it!
  • Options
    Thanks. I think i'll leave it till after christmas and see how its goes :)
  • Options
    It depends how quickly you heal Tink.
    I heal really slowly and I couldn't change my earrings when I got my ears done for ages!
    I'm guessing that if it still feels sore or looks red/pink around the bar then you should leave it longer. If it looks ok and feels like it heals then you should be alright.
    If it causes any problems changing it then put the oringal bar back in and leave it a little longer to heal :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx

I'm guessing that if it still feels sore or looks red/pink around the bar then you should leave it longer

Its still pink around the ball so im'a leave it for a bit.
  • Options
    mine healed really quickly but i didn't change it for 3 months, it has only been infected once in 7 years though. Make sure it's clean and not irritated/ infected first.
  • Options
    PS - Shorten your signature please :)