Looking for support for self harm? This community is a safe space to talk with others who have similar experiences, whilst you may also want to check out our content which has lots of information on things you can do to help your recovery.
Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

fund raising ideas for work exp!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, ive already posted this in everything goes, and then i figured i should post it here aswell, as its related to work experience:
ok, im planning on spending 2 months in South africa for my work experience. Ive got about a year and a half to save up £3500 for it+im wondering does anybody have any amazing ideas for fund raising??
So far ive thought od:
*a sponsored baked-bean bath
*cleaning a double decker bus with a tooth brush
Basically im looking for a wild, wacky+unusual idea, that could make me some cash!!!
Thanx
SBG

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    run a marathon!!!
    How about getting a job? :confused:

£3500 for 2 months? :eek:
    What are you doing in S.Africa for 2 months that costs 3.5 K? How old are you? Why do you need to do work expierance there?

Bopz
    im 19, but when i do it il be 20. I dont need to do the work exp there, but i really really want to. i know its alot, but you cant put a price on valuable and experience.
    il get to do things such as:
    *Hand rearing animals
    *Rescuing them, from traps, etc
    *Tranquilizing them+fitting collars, etc (so i need a course in firearm shooting which costs quite alot)
    *providing contraception for lions and elephants.
    *Putting nesting boxes up for rare birds
    *Monitoring leopards
    *Relocating and releasing animals.
    *Treating sick and injured animals.
    Thats all i can think of off the top of my head, cos my brochure isn't with me at the moment.
    Most thing on this trip you cannot do unless you are in a course very similar to mine, and can only do while im a student. also, you can get a job out of it at the end.
    at the end of the day, 3.5K is nothing when i have nearly 2 yrs to save, id just rather not use all/most of my student loan!
    BTW, i have a job, but that pays for my car and clothes. its only 10 hours a week, cos im at uni.
    SBG