Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alabama votes in favour of keeping segragation

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Diesel
    In a word...NO. They were property, bought and paid for.
    Is this a sick fucker or what
  • Options
    Originally posted by eternalsunshine
    Is this a sick fucker or what

Didn't he buy a wife from a catalogue or something?

:hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Didn't he buy a wife from a catalogue or something?

:hyper:
    Yeah I think he said that she was Russian and admitted that he psychologically abused her on a regular basis concerning the "Cold War".

Bit of a fucking loony if you ask me
  • Options
    Originally posted by eternalsunshine
    Yeah I think he said that she was Russian and admitted that he psychologically abused her on a regular basis concerning the "Cold War".

Bit of a fucking loony if you ask me

You certainly have to hand it to him, not many would try and pretend that slavery was a good thing - I bet he's too dumb to realise that the historical accounts of conditions in Africa at that time were written by stupid white men, who comprehended as much about anything out of their own immediate cultural experience as him......

:yes:
  • Options
    wonder when moroccan's gonna jump in to defend him......

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    In a word...NO. They were property, bought and paid for. On the other hand they had nowhere to go and were treated better than at home in Africa.

http://www.geocities.com/slavery_to_freedomrecipes/slavery_to_freedompl10.html
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    wonder when moroccan's gonna jump in to defend him......

:p
    i'm doing my bestest to ignore that comment.

in answer to ... they were better off ...
    have you ever met or even heard over the grapevine of any man ...who was ever better off when his freedom was taken away?
  • Options
    See how easily some folks are offended by straight foreward discussion of past events.

Now, I did not suggest that I approved of slavery, what I did do is describe a little of what I know of it.

The fellow, above, with all the damage to his back was an exception...a slavemaster did not take his property to the cobber unless they refused to work. To abuse a property like that is economically insane...akin to taking a brand new tractor and runing it without oil just to see if it would run.

If your own people sell you into slavery to foreigners you are definately not being treated better at 'home' in Africa.

As for commieblock ladies...best kept secret of the cold war...I do love them and enjoy their company mightly...indeed my dautghter is from Kiev, Ukrane, but I must disappoint all those with 'catalogue' notions...no need for such foolishness.

And more to the point...I'm not married to any of them.

:cool:
  • Options
    "The ballot initiative sought to remove the most objectionable elements of the state's constitution which remain, even though they have been overridden by more recent civil rights legislation."

That means that segregation is not legal. The words are left in their constitution for historical purposes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bluestatesman
    for historical purposes.
    But that would be akin to Germans including the murdering of Jews &c in their constitution. No?

I fail to see the attraction of having that stuff in the constitution.
  • Options
    ...actually, I don't remember reading that the Germans had such a clause in 'any' of their constitutions. Maybe they did it but documentation providing the authority to do so appears to be a bit thin.

(Now, just hush...we're talking about it not making a statement in support.)

:cool:
  • Options
    I fail to see the attraction of having that stuff in the constitution.

I think revisionist history is wrong number one, just plain not the facts and doesn't allow the progress made to be shown.

Like in that movie the Patriot. It was based on a "Patriot" known as SwampFox. See, South Carolina has a lot of dense swamps. Now this guy did fight the British....so from our point of view he was a Patriot. And as in all wars, the British did do some horrible things. But, SwampFox used to go out to shoot Native Americans for sport and I think he owned slaves too. So what was the point of rewriting history? Root for yourside...but know they weren't perfect.

It's like learning about the bombing of Japan in World War Two and not learning about the suicide bombers of Japan, Cannibalism of the Japanese on Baatan or rapes in China and Korea. It's wrong and it sets your mind in the wrong direction...I think.