Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alabama votes in favour of keeping segragation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

Absolutely disgusting :mad:

Separate schools for white and black children is sick.

Fucking backward hillbillys.

And all this in the land of equal opportunities in the 21st century :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    It seems that this is merely a formality, not an indication of the actual ethnic mix in the schools, but nevertheless it seems strnage and worrying that it woudn't be easily passed.

Mind you we have all-Christian and all-Muslim etc etc schools in Britain, which is just another form of segregation.

And our enlightened governemtn want to encourage more of them, how left-wing and socially progressive! :eek2:
  • Options
    Nuke 'em.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    It seems that this is merely a formality, not an indication of the actual ethnic mix in the schools, but nevertheless it seems strnage and worrying that it woudn't be easily passed.

Mind you we have all-Christian and all-Muslim etc etc schools in Britain, which is just another form of segregation.

And our enlightened governemtn want to encourage more of them, how left-wing and socially progressive! :eek2:

the segregation that exists in british schools as a whole is cause like most immigrant groups, people settled into communities, like my one is mainly asian, but the schools arent segregated, its more just representing the local population
  • Options
    yeah but I am talking about religious schools where you have to be of that religion (or pretend you are :rolleyes: ) to get in.

There are plenty of them and that is segregation just the same........
  • Options
    well religion can be faked, and my local roman catholic school has no white students, theyre all black or filipino

and religious schools have to accept a minumum of 10% non-religion people
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    well religion can be faked, and my local roman catholic school has no white students, theyre all black or filipino

and religious schools have to accept a minumum of 10% non-religion people

Well that is still segregation if it is Black away from white people!

People do fake it a lot but many do not and the principle is bad enough. I also doubt that mnay people fake it to get into Muslim schools.

Surely the segregation of Muslim children from everyone else is particulalry bad at this time?
  • Options

People do fake it a lot but many do not and the principle is bad enough. I also doubt that mnay people fake it to get into Muslim schools.

Surely the segregation of Muslim children from everyone else is particulalry bad at this time?

its more natrual geographics, theres no black people in many schools cause no black people live there, simple, that isnt the same as having schools that only accept white and non-white students, my local school accept slocals whatever they may be

you a bit overboard you know
  • Options
    So incredibly backwards. Culturally America seems so divided, there’s places like New York, New Jersey, California, etc which seem as tolerant and civilised as say Britain then there’s places like Alabama which just seem to be stuck in a timewarp.

Don’t the blue Democrat states have most of the money too? Hmm be cool if they declared independence, then the right wing redneck Christian extremists would lose much of their power…Don’t think that will ever happen though.
  • Options
    This is the map that was doing the rounds amongst Democrat voters and everyone else in America who was despaired by Bush's re-election:

jland.jpg

It makes a lot of sense to me! :)
  • Options
    Of course it is Toadborg. Same as I suppose in any country. If it's not Black-White...Muslim-Hindu...Catholic-Protestant...Palestinian-Israeli it's going to be something else isn't it

Football teams perhaps?

Behave!
  • Options
    This 'event' in Alabama was about paying taxes to support government mandated programs...otherwise the wording is meaningless. The folks in 'Bama' get along with each other just fine and don't need any damn yankees to tell them how to do it.

And that's a fact. Citizens of whatever race get along much better with each other in the Southern states than in any of the 'enlightened' yankee states or city states like NYC...where you find more segregation than just about anywhere.

It's a great pretence about being progressive and such but a close look at our democratic party of late and compareing it to the NSDAP of WW/2 days is a real eye opener. Kerry (we like flipper better) was a disgraced coward with a sordid combat record in Viet Nam but once he got POTUS Jimmy Carter to pardon everyone he put his medals back on and thought noone was noticing.

More than anything else his former 'comerads in arms' did him by broadcasting the truth independent of any party affiliation...and sank his Patrician arse and put him back in the ashes of a burning Camelot with the 'admiral' of Chapiquidick...the old boozer Ted Kennedy.

Anyway, don't get too wound up about Alabama...they're nice folks mostly of English and African descent.

:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    This 'event' in Alabama was about paying taxes to support government mandated programs...otherwise the wording is meaningless. The folks in 'Bama' get along with each other just fine and don't need any damn yankees to tell them how to do it.

And that's a fact. Citizens of whatever race get along much better with each other in the Southern states than in any of the 'enlightened' yankee states or city states like NYC...where you find more segregation than just about anywhere.

True. NYC is one of the most segregated places I've been to. Its really wierd as nobody seemed to mind. They mix at work but then go home to their ethnic enclaves. There is some mixing on the underground music/club scene but that was it in my experience.

Funny thing is a few of my cousins moved from there to Atlanta, Georgia and said it was more relaxed than NYC.
  • Options

i think you'll find that it's more by choice.
    certain groups of people want to bring their children up with certain beliefs and values ...i would always refuse to let my children anywhere near a catholic school ...my choice cos of my beliefs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i think you'll find that it's more by choice....my choice cos of my beliefs.
    It's still a choice in Alabama too. But perhaps there is a different justification to segregate by skin colour than by religious beliefs. The difference is the legal basis and the underlying reasoning.

I really can't understand why they would want blatant racism in their constitution.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    It's still a choice in Alabama too. But perhaps there is a different justification to segregate by skin colour than by religious beliefs. The difference is the legal basis and the underlying reasoning.

I really can't understand why they would want blatant racism in their constitution.
    i don't profess to understand it at all but ...looking at the long history of racism in america ...if i was black i'd want them honkys keepin' well away from my kids!
  • Options
    :(

Racism is something I will never understand.
  • Options

It's a great pretence about being progressive and such but a close look at our democratic party of late and compareing it to the NSDAP of WW/2 days is a real eye opener. Kerry (we like flipper better) was a disgraced coward with a sordid combat record in Viet Nam but once he got POTUS Jimmy Carter to pardon everyone he put his medals back on and thought noone was noticing.

More than anything else his former 'comerads in arms' did him by broadcasting the truth independent of any party affiliation...and sank his Patrician arse and put him back in the ashes of a burning Camelot with the 'admiral' of Chapiquidick...the old boozer Ted Kennedy.

Anyway, don't get too wound up about Alabama...they're nice folks mostly of English and African descent.

Why do Whites in the South get along better with the Blacks who remained in the South, than Northern Whites get along with Blacks who headed North. That's the key question, you know the answer don't you?
  • Options
    Yeah...I know the answer but you'll probably label me a racist if I tell you...but, I'll try.

For the same reason that Africans fought WITH the Confederacy against the Yankees in our Civil war. The South is the only region of North America where both races were literally living together in the same homes, allbeit a master/slave relationship.

It was a mutually benficial situation and contrary to what some would believe the 'master' actually cared about his slave(s)...to do otherwise would be ruinous. In 1858 an adult slave newly imported from Africa had an auctionhouse value of about $1,600.00 (gold) at a time when an adult white man with skills as a tradesman earned about $.25 cents a day working a 12 hour day. Am I making my point? You don't abuse a property that is that valuable.

My own family owned six hundred slaves at the end of the Civil War...up until their 'liberation' they were housed and cared for but not 'christianized' and the whole affair is in the Louisiana history books...We were Cajun (Acadians from Canada) who were resettled in that state, the Mouton family did indeed take very good care of their 'properyt' and on Saturday nights the Africans would beat out the bamboozila on an old stump covered with a cow hide while the white folks drank mint jeuleps and watched from the veranda.

Black women wet nursed white babies, black children were cared for and doctored as required...that system prospered because of cotten...guess who bought all of our Southern raised cotten? England of course, which is why you backed the CSA during that era...England bought so much of our cotten that the last of it was only used up during WW-2.

The Africans who had been sold into slavery by their brothers in Africa and brought here on slave ships only to be sold at auction were not usually the 'flour' of their generation...but rather were shall we say slow, slow enough to be tricked into being turned out as slave stock.

When the South collapsed some of the former slaves stuck with their white families and the relationship rather continued until the early 60's when the civil rights movement came down from the North and bestirred the situation, etc.

The Africans that went North hopeing to improve their lot were 'ghettoized' by the Yankees who were only willing to allow them a limited access to the economy...where they bread like mink and turned 'public' housing into the nightmare that it remains today.

The US prison/jail population is approximately 40 % black...but they are only about 12 % of the population. Things have not improved since the 60's they have deteriorated under a doctrine of political correctness where the problem is ignored or denied all to the detriment of everyone...especially the African.

More later.

• Options
    Yeah...I know the answer but you'll probably label me a racist if I tell you...but, I'll try.

For the same reason that Africans fought WITH the Confederacy against the Yankees in our Civil war. The South is the only region of North America where both races were literally living together in the same homes, allbeit a master/slave relationship.

It was a mutually benficial situation and contrary to what some would believe the 'master' actually cared about his slave(s)...to do otherwise would be ruinous. In 1858 an adult slave newly imported from Africa had an auctionhouse value of about $1,600.00 (gold) at a time when an adult white man with skills as a tradesman earned about $.25 cents a day working a 12 hour day. Am I making my point? You don't abuse a property that is that valuable.

My own family owned six hundred slaves at the end of the Civil War...up until their 'liberation' they were housed and cared for but not 'christianized' and the whole affair is in the Louisiana history books...We were Cajun (Acadians from Canada) who were resettled in that state, the Mouton family did indeed take very good care of their 'properyt' and on Saturday nights the Africans would beat out the bamboozila on an old stump covered with a cow hide while the white folks drank mint jeuleps and watched from the veranda.

Black women wet nursed white babies, black children were cared for and doctored as required...that system prospered because of cotten...guess who bought all of our Southern raised cotten? England of course, which is why you backed the CSA during that era...England bought so much of our cotten that the last of it was only used up during WW-2.

The Africans who had been sold into slavery by their brothers in Africa and brought here on slave ships only to be sold at auction were not usually the 'flour' of their generation...but rather were shall we say slow, slow enough to be tricked into being turned out as slave stock.

When the South collapsed some of the former slaves stuck with their white families and the relationship rather continued until the early 60's when the civil rights movement came down from the North and bestirred the situation, etc.

The Africans that went North hopeing to improve their lot were 'ghettoized' by the Yankees who were only willing to allow them a limited access to the economy...where they bread like mink and turned 'public' housing into the nightmare that it remains today.

The US prison/jail population is approximately 40 % black...but they are only about 12 % of the population. Things have not improved since the 60's they have deteriorated under a doctrine of political correctness where the problem is ignored or denied all to the detriment of everyone...especially the African.

More later.

I won't label you racist for speaking your truth, tho' others on this site may. People in Britain, perhaps like most in the U.S. have a one-sided view of the North-South political divide. Be assured there are people all over the world (of all races) who respect the truth of what you say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by nckdn
    I won't label you racist for speaking your truth, tho' others on this site may. People in Britain, perhaps like most in the U.S. have a one-sided view of the North-South political divide. Be assured there are people all over the world (of all races) who respect the truth of what you say.
    Fascinating though it was, none of that actually explains why some in Alabama would want to continue segragating on the basis of skin colour. And there's a big difference between the Civil war era and the 1960s, when segregation was finally outlawed.
  • Options
    if anybody here is interested in Anarchist view on the point you may read this http://praxeology.net/unblog.htm
    It is on Roderick Long’s blog. The article’s name is The Schoolhouse Door
    A note for illiterate right-wing rednecks and silly left-wing commies- Roderick T. Long is a great anarchist philosopher of our time ( never heard the name?- shame, shame!) plus he lives in Alabama!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    if anybody here is interested in Anarchist view on the point you may read this http://praxeology.net/unblog.htm
    A note for illiterate right-wing rednecks and silly left-wing commies- Roderick T. Long is a great anarchist philosopher of our time ( never heard the name?- shame, shame!) plus he lives in Alabama!!!

Interesting reading but he's going nowhere in US...things are wound pretty tight here right now and folks are ready to start lynching islamics in the streets if there is another incident of any moment...dirty bomb, chemical, etc.

As for the ancarchist...they are a hoot to watch but they get the JBT treatment from the police the moment they get out of line...most of the rest is just silly stuff that we, US, like to laught at when we go down to the park and watch them picket to 'impeach Bush' or such...it's not happening and won't.

Ahhhhh, I do miss the old WOBBLLIES and their mine bombings and such...all gone now, I think they all became democrats.

• Options
    Originally posted by LabRat

That's not an anarchist position you plank. Neither is Roderick Long an anarchist, no matter what he says.

It's incredible how ignorant you free market types are of history.
  • Options
    Ahhhhh, I do miss the old WOBBLLIES and their mine bombings and such...all gone now, I think they all became democrats.

The Wobblies were anarchist. What Labrat's referring to are free market libertarians. Not the same thing at all.
  • Options
    My point exactly...thank you very much. ~

:D
  • Options

That'll be news to them.......

:rolleyes:
  • Options

More later.

Revisionist history at its best. It would seem that historical accounts are inaccurate to say the least.

I ask you one question, would your familys 600 slaves been allowed to walk away from all that tlc if they wanted to?
  • Options
    In a word...NO. They were property, bought and paid for. On the other hand they had nowhere to go and were treated better than at home in Africa.

Revisionism really isn't needed when dealing with the matter of slavery...it continues today under other names, I preffer "economic bondage" to describe it...the rest are pieced off with less than enough to live on and penned up in public housing to control their vote for the democratic party...and it works.

Worldwide Workers Of The World...they went tits up in Seattle, WA USA, about 40 years ago...they did survive WW/2 but not by much.

• Options
    In a word...NO. They were property, bought and paid for. On the other hand they had nowhere to go and were treated better than at home in Africa.

Revisionism really isn't needed when dealing with the matter of slavery...it continues today under other names, I preffer "economic bondage" to describe it...the rest are pieced off with less than enough to live on and penned up in public housing to control their vote for the democratic party...and it works.

Worldwide Workers Of The World...they went tits up in Seattle, WA USA, about 40 years ago...they did survive WW/2 but not by much.

how do you know they had a better life in america, they werent asked in most cases were they, and they were propertyi would never give my lives rights away to be someones property
  • Options

Did they really?

Not what their website says though.

Slaves were treated better by the white massah in America, than at home in Africa.

You are so full of revisionist bullshit .......

:lol: