Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Height

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is more a question aimed at the lads, but girls can answer too. When it comes to a girl, does it bother you how tall she may be? I mean im 5ft10 anyway, and sometimes when i go out i will wear 4" heels, would this bother you (bear in mind it makes me over 6ft).

(just asking cuz me and my mates were having a conversation about being tall and i said this was one of the major issues i had lol).

Comments

• Options
    I'm about 5"9, and my boyfriend is about an inch or two shorter than me, so I refuse to wear heels when I'm with him, although I love wearing them.

It bothers me a bit, but I don't think he thinks anything of it.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about being tall, sometimes i think i look too short next to my boyfriend!

My friend is about 5'9/5'10 and she never has any problems with men her first boyfriend was about 5'6 and it didn't bother him that she was taller than him. It's one of them things that differs from person to person i guess.
  • Options
    My gf is a couple of inches shorter than me but has healed shoes.. doesn't bother either of us.
  • Options
    I'm 5'10 but hardly ever wear heels when I do they are only kitten heels which makes me slightly taller than my boyfriend, he doesn't mind tho. However, my sisters boyfriend is about 5'7 and shes 5'5 and if she wears her heels it makes her a couple of inches taller than him and it really bothers him so I've introduced her to the world of flatties!
  • Options
    Try being 6' :yes:

It's hard enough finding a boyfriend taller than you are, let alone one that minds whether you wear heels or not...not that I wear heels. I'd feel too tall like.
  • Options
    Im a short arse at 5' 9" and i prefer girls to be shorter than me, my girlfriend is 5' 2" so shes cool. But hey theres always someone who likes a tall girl, a lot of guys like tall girls showing off their legs too.
  • Options
    I'm only a mere 5'2"(i'm still growing;)) & a girl being shorter than me is a must. I'm a fan of short/petite girls & agree strongly with the good things come in small packages saying:p I've got no prejudice against girls taller than me it's just i've got a preference in my head.

My gf is 5'0" so all is good. She says by me being 2" taller it makes her feel protected which makes me feel good in turn as i'm only scrawny.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Being 6"4 Iv never realy had such a problem too short has been an issue but only for kissing it gives them a sore neck,

Iv never been with anyone as tall as me and definatly not taller, if a girl was taller then me she'd know better than to insist on a man taller than her.
  • Options
    I actually went out with a lad, that was the same size as me. I'm only 5'3 roughly. Personally I didn't like it. I prefer going out with lads that are taller than me. Think it's a security thing though. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    I actually went out with a lad, that was the same size as me. I'm only 5'3 roughly. Personally I didn't like it. I prefer going out with lads that are taller than me. Think it's a security thing though. *shrugs*

Yeah funnily enough Iv tried it on with a few girls the same hieght as me and havnt got anywhere (but this is not very much as theres so few of them) it the smaller girls who seem to go for me more,

Um security thing, C2BK do you prefer muscelly lads as well.
  • Options
    I'm 5ft 10, I'd go out with any woman shorter than me, the same height or slightly taller. I draw the line at 6ft tall, though. Not fussy, I think there are matters other than height which are of greater importance.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    I'm 5ft 10, I'd go out with any woman shorter than me, the same height or slightly taller. I draw the line at 6ft tall, though. Not fussy, I think there are matters other than height which are of greater importance.

Exactly brest size for one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Iknowyourmum
    Exactly bre(a?)st size for one.
    You what?!?!? :eek2:
  • Options
    I have a serious thing for taller guys, I'm 5'8 and I see that as short. My bf is 6'3 and the one before that was 6'4/5.

I spose I get the whole guys should be tall thing from my mum cos my dad is 6'7....
  • Options
    Exactly brest size for one.

Dont forget penis size, cant be sexist now can we.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I spose I get the whole guys should be tall thing from my mum cos my dad is 6'7....
    There's a theory that women look for men who are like their fathers. Which is frankly rather disturbing if you think about it in too much detail. :yuck:
  • Options
    There's a theory that women look for men who are like their fathers. Which is frankly rather disturbing if you think about it in too much detail. :yuck:

No iots not its the same with guys and mothers, you find your self attracted to those who share caracteristics but arnt wholy the same.

Its common sence realy in the same way youtend to acccept their political belifes, but with changes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Dont forget penis size, cant be sexist now can we.

Oh no heven forbid, now go and make us all a nice cup of tea dear and leave the serious stuff to the men, like me and stargallexy
  • Options
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    try being 6'1 ! :crazyeyes

eek! I hate being 5ft10! I hope i dont grow anymore!
  • Options
    Being 6'5 ive pretty much got no chance of meeting a girl taller than me. lol

But i enjoy being taller than my gf as opposed to being the same size or shorter, cuz it makes you feel...i dont know...sounds a bit primitive i guess, but like a protector? I know that my gf has commented on how she likes being able to cuddle me and feel all safe and tiny and bundled up.....thats the idea im going for. hehe.

As for the being attracted to different sized people, i remember reading somewhere that on an instinctual/genetic level, we choose partners that would give us the most average offspring....think about it....tall people, gone out with more short people than tall ones? and so on.....its a very odd concept, but makes a lot of sense....

Peace
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    eek! I hate being 5ft10! I hope i dont grow anymore!

I know!! I still got 2 years left that I'm supposed to grow in...not fun...no.
  • Options
    I'm 5'10 and i like a guy to be taller than me, just so i can feel protected and safe when in their arms. My ex was about 6'4 so i was feeling very protected when with him. he's now going out with someone 5 foot which makes me giggle :lol: for some strange reason.
  • Options
    How come everyone on this site seems to be so bloody tall?!
  • Options

Cause the short arses keep it quiet.
  • Options
    That explains it. I'm 5ft 10, which for a guy seems to be neither short nor tall these days.
  • Options

It's not as if it is embaressing or anything :p

I never used to think of myself as short because most of my friends were around my height or maybe a little bit taller and only a couple of my male mates were over 6ft.

What is the average height for a man and a woman anyway?
  • Options

cause this is a thread about tall girls?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    cause this is a thread about tall girls?

Though saying that he did say, 'Site' not 'thread' *shrugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Though saying that he did say, 'Site' not 'thread' *shrugs*

i'm guessing he's only going by this thread though, cause there's loads of tiny people here.
  • Options
    Don't mind me, I'm just being a picky git. Do ya sense the boredom... *Stares into thin air*