Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

People with Passion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are you impressed with people with passion, regardless of the subject matter they are passionate about?

There seems to be a lack of people with real passion for things, except for maybe TV evanglists..

Also for instance most policitians are are boring as dish water but I quite like that Italian PM cos he's passionate abotut things even if it's not very policitally correct to things like below:

On Italian secretaries
(comments made at the New York stock exchange):

"Italy is now a great country to invest in... today we have fewer communists and those who are still there deny having been one. Another reason to invest in italy is that we have beautiful secretaries... superb girls."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3041288.stm

Comments

• Options
    Italian PM

(to the tune of thats amore)

'Theres trouble on the floor,
    So here changes the law,
    Belusconi.
    He's a face with no ticks,
    He films young naked chicks,
    Belusconi.
    He corrupts the police,
    He controls Italy,
    Belusconi (cant remember the rest).

Seriously dodgy bloke, should be in eastenders not politics :mad:

the quote was :lol: btw, (scarey though when you think about it)
  • Options
    there are passionate people. They are just usually passionate about things that arent a majority feeling and are sometimes not PC and therefore dont make it to a public forum.
    Im passionate about smoking being banned in all public places and buildings other then residential houses. Try and talk to ur friends about that one!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ro-ro
    there are passionate people. They are just usually passionate about things that arent a majority feeling and are sometimes not PC and therefore dont make it to a public forum.
    Im passionate about smoking being banned in all public places and buildings other then residential houses. Try and talk to ur friends about that one!

Well I'm a supporter for non smokers not to have to endure other people's smoke on a night out.

Doesn't mean I believe it should be banned though, but I think for example people should be allowed on to the dance floor of a nightclub with a lit ciggie int heir hand and a drink inthe oter, they end up burning everyone with their cigs.

In theory you could have smoking sections to pubs and bars, etc and have powerful ventilation to suck it away, I think places should be taxed on their smoke emissions, the more smoke the more they have to pay, if they invest in good ventilation systems they pay less.

As for people with passion I think there is very few people on Tv for instane showing a passion for something, like David Bellamy was great in his day for his love of nature.
  • Options
    i think it should be banned from anywhere other then peoples houses. It should be treated like an illegal drug as it would be if we discovered it today instead of in 1400s or w/e/. But the government will never do that cos they get too much tax off it.
  • Options
    I have passion for sex does that count? :p
  • Options
    i'm passionate about a change in the drug laws.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i'm passionate about a change in the drug laws.

Im passionate about people NOT using drugs and being stopped fromusing them by any means

ETA yes i did edit my entire post :yeees:
  • Options
    ah ffs ive totally forogtten what i wanted to say now :rolleyes:
  • Options
    im passionate in hating david blunkett and removing our freedoms

only problem is im equally as passionate in not letting in the tories, and the lib dems as long as they dont actually give a proper plan of where they'll take us, other than to the cleaners
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    AN outright ban on drugs use, and SEVERE punishment to those who dabble with drugs / sell drugs / have any involvement :hyper:
    so all users will have to start carrying knives and guns to escape arrest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    you know me, which entails involvement.. :p

like I said though.. they're already banned in illegalness

I don't like you anymore :( *evicts you*

Nooooooo you cant evict me.. its me.. you know you dont want to :p :flirt:
  • Options
    if you lived with me though then you'd have to suffer me participating in evil evil drug use no?

or would you just have me arrested?

I'll get back to you on that one :p

Im more passionate about things than i realise :chin:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm passionate ab- Am I? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Are you impressed with people with passion, regardless of the subject matter they are passionate about?

Yeah.

It's like, I'd much rather be around someone who gives a shit about something, even if I disagree with them, than somebody who I couldn't discuss anything meaningful with, even though I don't really dislike them.
  • Options
    I'm passionate about dance music, but everyone knew that right? ;)
  • Options
    I thought it was death metal? :confused:
    :lol::lol::lol:

The only rock-type song I'm playing in my sets/radio show is the BK bootleg of Nivana, 'Smells Like Keen Spirit' :p
  • Options
    I'm passionate about rock music, about my guitar, about computer games, and about men ;)
  • Options
    Jake0 is passionate about ym :(
  • Options
    i don't mind people who are passionate about things as long as they are intelligent enough to back up their facts, so luke, you're fucked

i have a passion for the weekends, which will include sex (not often mind you) drugs and rock and roll. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    I'm passionate about dance music, but everyone knew that right? ;)
    the bad news mate ...it's all just about over.
    people are moving on ...in fact moving back to ...real live musicians again !!!!!!!!!!!!
    realy ...make sure your not left behind ...
  • Options
    people are moving on ...in fact moving back to ...real live musicians again !!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually there is a real lack of live music!!

Don't think the DJ's of thw world have to worry really but would be nice to see more live music in pubs and other venues!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Actually there is a real lack of live music!!

Don't think the DJ's of thw world have to worry really but would be nice to see more live music in pubs and other venues!!
    watch ...
  • Options

ever heard of a group called faithless, they're dance act who play instruments and have lyrics that are 20x as good as the standard rock band we have these days, where did lynyrd skynyrd, led zeppelin and co go to
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    ever heard of a group called faithless, they're dance act who play instruments and have lyrics that are 20x as good as the standard rock band we have these days, where did lynyrd skynyrd, led zeppelin and co go to
    everything has its moments.
    the techno dance moment is about to die.
    watch the changes in the club scenes ...coming this summer ... to a club near you.
    the age of the dj is coming to an end.
  • Options
    everything has its moments.
    the techno dance moment is about to die.
    watch the changes in the club scenes ...coming this summer ... to a club near you.
    the age of the dj is coming to an end.

as long as i having something to chew my jaw to i'll be happy.
  • Options
    funny thing is ...everyone things their particular brand of music will go on forever ...did the punks see the wrighting on the wall ...?
    did the bluesmen see it coming?
    check out what your local night club boss is looking at putting his hard earned money into for 2005 ...it aint dj's.
  • Options
    dance music will go on forever but in what form, who knows, classical music has also seemed to die out completely.
  • Options
    I dunno what I'm passionate about... I guess I can be quite spiritual and would like people to open their minds more...

I love the earth quite a bit... but sadly ain't got the time to do as much walking anymore.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    dance music will go on forever
    so will 1960's pop music but it will never be big again will it.
    the blues will go on forever as will rock but ...by the end of next summer ...it won't be dj's filling the clubs ...finnished ...over ...kaput i tell ya.
  • Options
    by the end of next summer ...it won't be dj's filling the clubs ...finnished ...over ...kaput i tell ya.

any hard evidence to back this up or is this just a theory, either way i'd be glad to hear it.