Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mushroom Education

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOK...

got a flyer through the door of my halls the other day, for 'Hungry cattipillar' mushrooms.

They will even deliver 24-7!

This is so stupid its not even funny; seeing as the home office seems to be tolerating the cultivation of mushrooms at the moment, would it not be good to maybe do some kind of 'mushroom awareness' thing :confused:

This may stop too many people taking the 'legal means safe' route to disaster (which of course they arent in preparation)

The fact that this flyer came through the door is quite alarming to me with the amount of people i live with who dont have a clue about drug use.

One drunken night it may seema good idea for all the flatmates to get some mushrooms just for the crack, and not so funny when they all end up in A+E in sheer terror because they have no idea about dosage, use, preferrable tripping conditions etc.

This is just going to set it all up for the day when a few students end up in some kind of event or disaster that makes great 'ban this filth' local news; there is a backlash, the mushrooms go underground and no one is any the wiser BECAUSE NO ONE THOUGHT TO EDUCATE :mad: grr

rant over :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whilst i dont condone it, i think it is a good idea in some aspects, i mean the people who are running this mushroom business are going to make a LOT of money i think, but then as you said you are going to get a lot of idiots who end up in casualty because they cant handle the mushroom trip.

I think they should include a leaflet or something that describes the main facts about mushrooms, and consuming them and stuff so at least the people who are taking them will (if they bother to read the leaflet) at least know the basics about what they are and how they affect you and stuff, and what to do if you're having a bad trip e.t.c

i think its a really bad idea, but i do think its a good way to make money.
    i see what your saying but ...i do think that today everyone seems to be seeking help support and protection just a little too much sometimes.
    the world is a big dangerous place you know.
    is common sense ...intuition and adventure being stifled somewhat?
    there'll be handrails on the pavement and and big rubber bumbers on supermarket trollys soon!
    do people realy need educating so much about every single adventure and danger out there?
    just wondering ...
    when i go off to the forrests or the moors on my own ...i refuse to take a mobile phone ...'but what if something happens ...' is what i hear over and over.
    so what if something does ...it's called life and death. it's called living. how the fuck did we get through the last few thousand years!
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    when i go off to the forrests or the moors on my own ...i refuse to take a mobile phone ...'but what if something happens ...' is what i hear over and over.
    so what if something does ...it's called life and death. it's called living. how the fuck did we get through the last few thousand years!

why dont you take it though? it does seem a bit silly ;<
    Originally posted by jake0
    why dont you take it though? it does seem a bit silly ;<
    grrrrrr!!!! enraged.jpg
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    grrrrrr!!!! enraged.jpg

just count to 10 slowly in your head, then you will be ok
    rolly; im not saying that we should not live or be afraid to act in a world with differing experiences, good and bad; however you are in the privilaged position of having a mind that seems to be tough as old boots :D; not everyone can throw caution to the wind like you can.

If you can walk away from a mind bending journey of absolute terror and shrug it off and try it again (..and which is more, you'll be a man my...NO wait thats wrong :D) then i really envy you man.

The thing is; some people cant and if that philosophy were applied to say some fresh faced kid who has just discovered a seriously psychotropic substance, some people cant just walk away from things once they have gone wrong. There can be and are psychoactive trips that have a lasting affect upon people in a very profound and crippling sense.

I would dearly love to be able to have experienced some of the things you and others have talked about on these boards man, i mean the other day when (fail to remember who it was) told us about the forest breathing with him and being with freinds on MDMA, that sounded so wonderful :) . Unfortunately im sure my brain could not stomach it.

I feel really cheeky saying this to you of all people because im in no position to tell you ANYTHING about this, nor am i trying to, i just think this point needs to be made :)
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    rolly; im not saying that we should not live or be afraid to act in a world with differing experiences, good and bad; however you are in the privilaged position of having a mind that seems to be tough as old boots :D; not everyone can throw caution to the wind like you can.

If you can walk away from a mind bending journey of absolute terror and shrug it off and try it again (..and which is more, you'll be a man my...NO wait thats wrong :D) then i really envy you man.

The thing is; some people cant and if that philosophy were applied to say some fresh faced kid who has just discovered a seriously psychotropic substance, some people cant just walk away from things once they have gone wrong. There can be and are psychoactive trips that have a lasting affect upon people in a very profound and crippling sense.

I would dearly love to be able to have experienced some of the things you and others have talked about on these boards man, i mean the other day when (fail to remember who it was) told us about the forest breathing with him and being with freinds on MDMA, that sounded so wonderful :) . Unfortunately im sure my brain could not stomach it.

I feel really cheeky saying this to you of all people because im in no position to tell you ANYTHING about this, nor am i trying to, i just think this point needs to be made :)

thats true but there are so many things in life that seem so impossible to me that people think is a doss, life is suppossed to about risks, i think humans can benfit mentally form risks, we all need to experiment, see the other side of reality, if i never took drugs i don't know what i'd be like, my eyes have been opened in another way, i know some poor **** might take a trip and see the devil running after him with a chainsaw and an axe, well fuck it, he had the guts to try and see what the craic was like, unlike the majority of people who are fucking desperate to take drugs but are so held back by so many things, fuck them, fuck the world
    i think humans can benfit mentally form risks

yeah but 'can' doesnt mean will (i know you didnt imply that mate, im just saying); just because the information and education exists does not mean that your philosophy cant exist or be less valid, its just available for those who want it or need it :)
    yeah but 'can' doesnt mean will (i know you didnt imply that mate, im just saying); just because the information and education exists does not mean that your philosophy cant exist or be less valid, its just available for those who want it or need it :)

i know, do you ever sit in bed or something and think about death and think of the possibility of nothing after death, that time is eternal, infinite time after death, no end to it, why the fuck do people walk around in suits, go jogging, gossip, be fucking retards their whole life, and for what, life is way way too short for us to be fucking about, drugs are (for me) the only answer, the connection between reality and mystic, truth and lies, i pity society, wasters, i'm going out in a bang and i'm bringing loads with me.
    drugs are (for me) the only answer, the connection between reality and mystic, truth and lies, i pity society, wasters, i'm going out in a bang and i'm bringing loads with me.

let get this right though, there is WAY more to life than drugs. think about all the other things you'll never see, do or experience outside of drug use.

Drug use is only ONE of the many realms of human experience mate. I want to try EVERYTHING (or as much as possible), i share some of the aspects of your idea; people who are focused on money i completely do not get.
    i pity society, wasters, i'm going out in a bang and i'm bringing loads with me

that sentiment could come back and bite you if you change your mind one day mate. Human beings change their mind all the time, what makes you so sure you'll never decide to vary your habits, or change your drug use in such a way that it allows you to maybe do something different. Your view that lifes to short not to expose yourself to as much as possible might one day change (as mine did) to accomodate more experiences.

Im not saying dont expose yourself to drug experiences if you are enjoying yourself and are being fulfilled by it; just saying take care because one day might decide you dont want to 'go out with a bang' yet and be stuck with something you didnt intend and dont want to live with.

Layne Staley said 'At the end of the party, when everyone goes home, you're stuck with yourself (dont worry about how he died, its the quote im interested in :D)
    I've heard conflicting reports, some suggesting that the Home Office would rather just tax this and let it go on, and others saying that they are looking for a test case to make it illegal.

Personally I think the sale of mushrooms will be illegal soon, it wouldnt be that hard to put an amendment into the MDA.

That way kits could still be sold and people could still use them, just not sell them.
    let get this right though, there is WAY more to life than drugs. think about all the other things you'll never see, do or experience outside of drug use.

Drug use is only ONE of the many realms of human experience mate. I want to try EVERYTHING (or as much as possible), i share some of the aspects of your idea; people who are focused on money i completely do not get.

i agree there, i don't take drugs everyday, only class A's at the weekend and maybe a smoke or two during the week, i have loads of interests other than drugs, i'm just saying drugs are the only thing for me that makes me "see the light" as the saying goes, it's all about desperation and hope, everyone is desperate, most hide behind a fake sense of hope, "i've got a good job, i'm healthy, good status among society bla bla bla" when inside they're fucking dying, i used to one of these people to a lesser extent, i smoked a joint and realised that our lives in one huge fasade, a fake dream we're all aspiring to, drugs are a key to a door of insight in your brain, i personally would suggest everyone try drugs at least once to see if its for you, you never know what it might do for your life.
    i am indeed very fortunate. i escaped this ................

monday.gif
    found this ...

pathway.jpg
    survived this ...

brain2.gif
    sfields22.gif
    lucysky1.gif
    tell us how you defeated the blue meanies :D
    Originally posted by turlough
    i agree there, i don't take drugs everyday, only class A's at the weekend and maybe a smoke or two during the week, i have loads of interests other than drugs, i'm just saying drugs are the only thing for me that makes me "see the light" as the saying goes, it's all about desperation and hope, everyone is desperate, most hide behind a fake sense of hope, "i've got a good job, i'm healthy, good status among society bla bla bla" when inside they're fucking dying, i used to one of these people to a lesser extent, i smoked a joint and realised that our lives in one huge fasade, a fake dream we're all aspiring to, drugs are a key to a door of insight in your brain, i personally would suggest everyone try drugs at least once to see if its for you, you never know what it might do for your life.

I understand this completely, drugs open a world which so many people will never see:cool:
    tell us how you defeated the blue meanies :D
    well the blue meanies did win many battles, even managing to take me prisoner on occasion but ...i chucked the opium overboard ...and then headed for the hills.
    meaning ...the blue meanies are still out there somewhere so always remember ...keep looking behind you ...
    Alice-In-Wonderland1.jpg
    - "I would dearly love to be able to have experienced some of the things you and others have talked about on these boards man, i mean the other day when (fail to remember who it was) told us about the forest breathing with him and being with freinds on MDMA, that sounded so wonderful . Unfortunately im sure my brain could not stomach it."

'twas me who told that story. i guarantee you that if you were there, your brain would have been able for it - your brain would have lapped this stuff up. just like investment properties, location, location, location! you have to set the scene for yourself to have a good trip. you don't just drop it on the bus on the way home one evening - unless you are looking for some madness.

regarding the " there's more to life than drugs" points, of course there is. a LOT more. it's a shame to see people who lives revolve around drugs. for me, drugs revolve around my life - on a brightly light carousel - and when i want some, or see something i like, i reach out and grab it. thats it. balance is the key - drugs will destroy you in the long run.

i really think that focusing too much on one thing is a waste. Spend your life on drugs - what about education? spend your life studying - what about drugs? and so on. the more you experience, the better a person you become. i really believe this and by better i mean, more educated, wiser, more wary of what could go wrong, and more alert to opportunities.

regarding the shroom flyer - i wish they sold mushrooms like that in ireland. but yes definitely, if they are going to be sold like that - awareness should be promoted. if a newbie overdosed on shrooms, they could do themselves some serious damage. i dont just mean jumping off a balcony or soemthing like that - but they could literally grind the teeth out of their head or do something silly to themselves that seemed like a good idea at the time.

nice picture moroccan roll - of the purple / pink forest. where have i seen this before? maybe from an old edition of lord of the rings?
    We will start seeing more and more scare stories in the papers, there will be incidents of kids taking too many, driving under the influence maybe.

I'm sure a perfect school girl (English Rose) will be brutally taken from her loving family and force fed mushrooms so that she will become their sex slave.