Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I can see your bra ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just wondering, when girls wear white blouses you can see straight through them .. aren't any of you girlies bothered by this??

I was given a lovely silk off white shirt many yeas ago but never worn it except with a jacket once cos it's practically see through.

Comments

• Options
    nude t-shirt bras are your friends ;)

the only part of mine you can see is the straps. which doesn't bother me. it probably helps that the colour is almost exactly the same as my skin though, might be more obvious on lighter or darker skin...
  • Options
    Yes flesh coloured bra's work great, or if they are in the wash then white seamless bra's aren't that noticable, as long as your underwear is not not black or overly patternd you can't see much through most good quality shirts.
  • Options
    I'm really not worried about it, I just make sure when I'm wearing a white shirt I don't wear a see-through bra or something.
  • Options
    I have issues with white shirts. Even if I get a nude coloured bra, the material in the shirts is just so shoddy you can see everything. Which isn't the look I'm going for.

Normally. :p

I think I need to invest in some quality white shirts for my future high-flying career.
  • Options
    well in he case of my silk shirt, being a guy there's no bra for me .. LOL

Wearing a white t-shirt or vest is bad too cos you can see the outline of the sleeves and neck.

.. Imean surely manufacturers think about this when they make garments?? .. or do they?
  • Options
    Flesh coloured bras :)

Same with underpants if I'm wearing white linen trousers. Don't really dig the visible white thong! :p
  • Options
    I don't usually wear white shirts on thier own anyway, I usually put a top over the top, funky layer stylee.
  • Options
    It really doesnt bother me, aslong as i have a white bra on it'd be fine, but then again, i dont wear white shirts :p
  • Options
    It bothers me but Chris just says not to worry as its how its worn. I think hes just a perv.
  • Options
    I don't do white generally cos it makes me look bigger than I am. However, I have tried wearing white t-shirts and a black seemless bra works for me. Having said that, the material of the t-shirt is cotton so u can't really see underneath them. I havn't worn a white see-through t-shirt or any kind of see-through top really.

It does bother me about tops where you can see the bra underneath them - it just looks tacky to me. Mind you, I get a bit paranoid about nipples showing through tops and stuff.
  • Options
    I cant say it bothers me to see the outline of a bra through clothes, unless its ultra ultra visible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I *really* cannot stand people that wear a black bra under a white blouse..

although the person I'm referring to wore a black thong under white trousers.. go figure
    well that does look silly, and as for white trousers - i did a thread about that not so long ago.
    you can usually see white bra outlines when people wear pale tops, and I dont generally give much thought to it. I dont think it looks awful or anything. Just looks like theyve got a bra under their shirt!