Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girls.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The guide to living a successful life:

Rule number one:
- Remember to eat, drink, sleep and breathe.

RULE NUMBER TWO:
- DO NOT CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT YOUR EX-BOYFRIEND AND HIS NEW GIRL... TO YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND.

Seems like common sense doesn't it?

So who does it? C'mon. Own up. Let's be having you. I can understand you all denying it because it's so clear to see what complete ARSEHOLES you're being when it's in writing before your innocent eyes. I'd like every girl to keep this guideline in mind for the present and the future.

;[

this post has been edited by supergrover (mod) as it was taking up more room than wot it shouldve!what youre saying is cool but is just as effective when its in normal size font :)(orly ;o)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like she's got a problem she needs to talk about. It'd be nice if her boyfriend were a little more sympathetic.
  • Options
    It would be nice if she'd get over him before dropping her lingering-obsession onto nice people, like myself. ;<

Nein. I am sympathetic and stuff. But she just thrives off the current affairs between him and his latest women for the week. You don't talk about things like that unless you're trying to prove a point, such as 'I still like the guy who treated me like shit, but you're alright too'. Nubs.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a case of trying to prove a point. She's still got him on her mind and obviously can't help talking about him, which is shit for you. But that doesn't mean she still likes him. She's been hurt by him and is having a hard time getting over it.

The most important thing is that she's with you now, and not him. The next time she starts off about him and his girlfriend, give her a big snog to shut her up and say 'you don't need to talk about him, I'm me and I'm not going to treat you like he did so just forget about it'.
  • Options
    Fucking hell!

That's like, helpful advice. Helpful advice on TheSite.org discussion boards! I've seen it all.

Thanks muchly for that. ;o
  • Options
    Sarcasm? :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone

no...... it think that was a quality answer! i like your style! :) i think capacity did too. i reckon that suggestion could be the saviour of what is obviously an annoying situation for ya, capacity. go for it!
  • Options

Nope. You did good.
  • Options
    i talk about my ex and his new gf all the time. Cos it irritates me so much. his such a man whore i wish a brick would fall on him. Guys are shit. I think u should give her a hug, she sounds like she needs one.
  • Options
    Girls suck full stop ;<.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Girls suck full stop ;<.

Don't complain. They don't call blow jobs a job for nothing. [/SATC]
  • Options
    that is the most sane statement ive ever heard.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ro-ro
    i talk about my ex and his new gf all the time. Cos it irritates me so much. his such a man whore i wish a brick would fall on him. Guys are shit. I think u should give her a hug, she sounds like she needs one.

Why on earth does she need a hug?

Give them attention and it only encourages them. Gawd.
  • Options
    Sometimes its difficult to let go completely. How long were they together for?

I talk about my ex to my current boyfriend, and yes I worry that I do it too much, but for almost 2 years he was a huge great big part of my life that didnt just disappeasr when I split up with him. Maybe its just how she copes with it. If in doubt, get the gag out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    Sometimes its difficult to let go completely. How long were they together for?

They were 'seeing' each other for about 6 weeks. Half of this time he was knocking off another girl who he promised nothing was going on with.

As much as a horrible bastard I appear on here, I would never do that to two girls; even though most (all) of them deserve it.
  • Options
    I'd probably be really crap in a situation like this because i'd just do the straight talking option and tell her that she's being annoying and that while you're sure her ex is great gossip material you'd rather she saved it for the girlie gossips and actually concentrated on the relationship she's having at the moment and not the one with the idiot who cheated.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    As much as a horrible bastard I appear on here, I would never do that to two girls; even though most (all) of them deserve it.

You know what, that really ticks me off. Just because you're pissed off with your girlfriend don't slag off the entire female sex, especially when most of the people offering you advice are girls. I doubt very much that your girlfriend deserved to be cheated on, and she'd probably be appalled if she heard you say that.
  • Options
    You know what, that really ticks me off. Just because you're pissed off with your girlfriend don't slag off the entire female sex, especially when most of the people offering you advice are girls. I doubt very much that your girlfriend deserved to be cheated on, and she'd probably be appalled if she heard you say that.

Yeh. I hadn't got a clue who'd say it but I knew it would be said.

Re-read that wee statement you quoted me on and take note to me using the words 'appear', 'horrible' and 'bastard'. Then read the 'horrible' 'bastard' comment I put on the end. Yes, of course I meant EVERY girl in the world deserves it including the girl I'm going out with.

I should start drawing pictures.
  • Options

its quite true though, the majority of girls would, most girls i know or know of have done it, no matter how nice or sweet or considerate they are normally, they never stop going on obut their ex;s when their exs are ex for a reason

only the guy twats i know have done it and that aint many
  • Options
    It's the 'most (all) of them deserve it' comment I take offence at.

I don't think the words 'appear' 'horrible' or 'bastard' affect that at all.

Don't bloody well patronise me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    its quite true though, the majority of girls would, most girls i know or know of have done it, no matter how nice or sweet or considerate they are normally, they never stop going on obut their ex;s when their exs are ex for a reason

only the guy twats i know have done it and that aint many

That's totally irrelevant to what you quoted me on. I was responding to Capacity's comment that most or all girls apparently deserve to be cheated on.
  • Options
    I think I should explain something to you.

If I say something which is not intended to be taken literally (i.e. The average stable-minded person can tell I'm not being serious) and someone takes it this way, I do not care.

Hence - your problem.
  • Options
    I think I should explain something to you.

If I say something which is not intended to be taken literally (i.e. The average stable-minded person can tell I'm not being serious) and someone takes it this way, I do not care.

Hence - your problem.

otherwise known as slightly peeved off sarcasm

wheres that thing for girls to know about boys where it says "if we say something and it can mean more than one thing, and ones terrible, it aint that one so odnt get upset!"
  • Options
    Ok, regardless of my slander, I'm still interested as to know anyone else's ideas as to what I should do if there are any. It gets annoying.
  • Options
    you could try dropping hints or go on bout ur ex to her :p
  • Options
    why can't you just be straightforward with her??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    why can't you just be straightforward with her??

It would cause her to get all defensive if I were to say 'you don't need to keep going on about him' or even pointed out that she talks about him so much, and ultimately would piss her off.
  • Options
    It would cause her to get all defensive if I were to say 'you don't need to keep going on about him' or even pointed out that she talks about him so much, and ultimately would piss her off.

But it's already pissing you off. One of you's ultimately going to be pissed off whatever you do, but you'd get it sorted quicker if you said something.

I also stand corrected on our earlier disagreement.
  • Options
    But it's already pissing you off. One of you's ultimately going to be pissed off whatever you do, but you'd get it sorted quicker if you said something.

I also stand corrected on our earlier disagreement.

It wasn't an arguement, it was a bicker. I'd like everyone to notice and be jealous at how it came to a close in a mature manner. ;o

And I guess so. Next time she says something about him I'll give her a good seeing to, as it were.
  • Options
    You know what, that really ticks me off. Just because you're pissed off with your girlfriend don't slag off the entire female sex, especially when most of the people offering you advice are girls.

But it's perfectly acceptable for ro-ro to say "guys are shit"?

Double standards, what are they again?
  • Options
    Next time she says something about him I'll give her a good seeing to

Yes, that'd shut her up temporarily, but might not solve the greater issue ;)

I don't think you need to have a big go at her, just gently point out that you've noticed she talks about him rather a lot, and while you're there for her if she needs to talk about things, does it really make her feel better to gossip about his new girlfriend incessantly when you're sure she has far more interesting things to talk about?

I think if girls can be accused of talking about their feelings too much, then guys don't do it enough. She won't want to be upsetting you, I'm sure, so if she realised she was starting to get you down she'd probably check her behaviour a bit.

And damn, a mature close?

You suck, Capacity. And you smell :p