Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bulger mother 'traces killer'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story from the BBC

According to the News of the World, which we all know is the sunday version of the scum, Jamie Bulger's mother has tracked down one of the killers. What do you think about this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    with it being in notw im sceptical, but we all knew this day would come someday, how can someone forgive and forget about the tragic events of jamies short life, these two should have been sent to a proper prision. if they can commit a crime such as murder then they should not be allowed to walk free without first finding out what it is like in a mainstream prison not tucked away wrapped in cotton wool in a secure unit.
    they don't call 'proper prison' the university of crime for nothing. These boys have a chance to do something real with their lives now. These young men now, they're my age, have a chance to get a job, go to uni, ge on with things. If they'd gone through maximum security, they'd come out having lost all the progress they'd made.

They were little kids when they did what they did to Jamie, and no-one does that without having been royally messed up themselves. Break the cycle.
    'According to the News of the World, Mrs Fergus feels that knowing where the men are gives her a sense of power.'

She needs to get on with her life.

It might not seem fair to some, considering what they did, but if she keeps this up, it could be construed as harrassment, and as far as the law is concerned, they've done their time. Let it lie.
    I must be really cruel but reading that I didn't feel much sympathy for her. Eek.
    Originally posted by 01j01
    these two should have been sent to a proper prision. if they can commit a crime such as murder then they should not be allowed to walk free without first finding out what it is like in a mainstream prison not tucked away wrapped in cotton wool in a secure unit.

Oh, for goodness' sake.

Those two boys were ELEVEN when they did that.

One of them had been bullied mercilessly and the other had a crackwhore mother.

I have an awful lot of sympathy with Ms Bulger, that murder has ruined her entire life (marriage, children, work, the lot). But the murder was ten years ago now, no-one is expecting her to "forgive and forget" but she needs some serious professional TLC in my opinion.
    It’s disgusting that they were released after serving just 8 years. At 11 years old they both knew that brutally kidnapping, torturing and murdering a helpless toddler was wrong. They should have both remained in jail for the rest of their lives.
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    It’s disgusting that they were released after serving just 8 years. At 11 years old they both knew that brutally kidnapping, torturing and murdering a helpless toddler was wrong. They should have both remained in jail for the rest of their lives.

:rolleyes:

Did you know them personally?
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    She needs to get on with her life.

I agree with u, but she lost her kid u know, to show horrific circumstances, i hope i would be rational, but it is impossible to know how u would react 2 something like that, u wouldn't think straight.
    I remember the Jamie Bulger killing so clearly because I was the same age as the boys who killed him and my little brother was the same age as Jamie. Horrible horrible stuff.

I'd like to think I'd have moved on by now and learnt to forgive or at least leave them be, but I can understand that she feels they didn't get long enough in jail.

It's just irritating that the Sunday rags will publish this rubbish, stir up vigilante hatred over such an emotive subject. Whatever those two boys deserve it isn't lynch mob justice.
    I know they were only kids when they did what they did and in one way Im pleased they were punished but have been given a second chance. On the other hand I really feel for ms Bulger, and am sure I would never be able to forgive anyone who harmed my son, let alone in the way Venables and Thompson did to jamie Bulger. Its all very well saying she should move on, but I dont see how anyone could after that.. Its a hugely sad story all round and there are no winners.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I know they were only kids when they did what they did and in one way Im pleased they were punished but have been given a second chance. On the other hand I really feel for ms Bulger, and am sure I would never be able to forgive anyone who harmed my son, let alone in the way Venables and Thompson did to jamie Bulger. Its all very well saying she should move on, but I dont see how anyone could after that.. Its a hugely sad story all round and there are no winners.

Exactly my thoughts, save me writing a response :)
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

I think that is exactly it.

Mrs Bulger is entitled to her hatred, and she should be given every support to try and get on with her life after so much of it has been destroyed by those two boys.

But nobody else is entitled to hatred of them, and those boys are entitled to move on and try and have a life. Next person to say "yeah, but Jamie wasn't given that opportuinity" should go and ram their head down a toilet just to save me from doing it.
    Originally posted by lukesh
    Those kids deserve everything that comes to them.

An opportunity to start again and get over it.

Exactly.

Glad we agree.
    they two little fuckian peados

Oh, my dear Lord. That is the funniest thing I've read for weeks.

I didn't realise they'd had sex with Bulger before they killed him. Nobody else did either. Good job you told us!
    you seem to welcome it you peadophile!!!!
    Oh dear.

Not acceptable luke. :no:
    dio you actually know what they did to him? they are sick! Wud u like it done to you? you seem to welcome it you peadophile!!!!

and then the bastards show no remorse!!! fuckioan peados

i;'d fuckian grab thweir head sram it in the wall
    make their face black and blue throw themin a bin!! where they belong peados!!!

You are an utter, utter moron.

Oh, and it's "fucking".
    dio you actually know what they did to him? they are sick! Wud u like it done to you? you seem to welcome it you peadophile!!!!

Do you actually know what they did to him Lukesh?

Calling Kermit a peadophile (sic) is well out of order.

The Concise Oxford Dictionary defines the word as: "sexual love directed towards children".........

Now, in the world I live in, 10 year olds are children.

For someone who professes to be a christian, you certainly have some very evil, violent and uncharitable tendencies.

If I was a mod I would seriously consider banning you on the strength of your postings on this thread.

:eek:
    he totally asked for it for days he has been a fuckian wanker
    Calm down Betty.
    no i dont want to fuck you

Thank God for that.

As for the rest of the thread, I agree with rainbow brite's post.
    no i dont want to fuck you
    Take a deep breath and count to 10.

Then I suggest you apologise to Kermit and retract your comments.
    Originally posted by NaCN
    As for the rest of the thread, I agree with rainbow brite's post.
    That doesn't really excuse her hunting down the two of them though. And certainly doesn't excuse the NotW bringing it all back to the public attention and exploiting the situation for financial gain. I can't see it being in the public interest.

Either we give them a second chance or we don't.
    maybe i over reacted because i am pisse doff baout summit else

but i am ot saying sorry until he says it to me
    Grow up.
    Originally posted by Kentish
    That doesn't really excuse her hunting down the two of them though. And certainly doesn't excuse the NotW bringing it all back to the public attention and exploiting the situation for financial gain. I can't see it being in the public interest.

Either we give them a second chance or we don't.

I'm not entirely sure what I'd do if I was in her position. I sincerely hope that I never find out.

Yes, there is no excuse for News of the World dragging it up.

You're sick in the head Lukesh.

I suggest you take those comments back before Kermit comes back. ;)
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    According to the News of the World, which we all know is the sunday version of the scum...
    I concur...
    ...Jamie Bulger's mother has tracked down one of the killers. What do you think about this?
    Nonsense.
    he totally asked for it for days he has been a fuckian wanker

You properly bring shame to a faith you claim to possess.

The bulger killers had TERRIBLE childhoods, no-one who was brought up even REMOTELY acceptably would ever do that. Though what they did to jamie isn't far off what bullies do. But they're not paedophiles, and they should get a second chance to break the cycle of hate.
    dio you actually know what they did to him? they are sick! Wud u like it done to you? you seem to welcome it you peadophile!
    This sort of comment is inexcusable and abhorrent. An apology should now be forthcoming.

However, on the issue of James Bulger's killers, frankly, if they have been found out, I couldn't care less. There have already been sightings of Maxine Carr - why, only last week someone posted a thread saying she had been spotted. I am not saying their crimes can be compared. I am merely saying that if someone has to live a life under another name, as the Bulger killers have had to, there is always the chance they will be found out.
    saying sorry 2 kermit... think again!
    Perhaps an apology to the whole board for making such an appalling statement would be more appropriate. But it is not for me to decide, I shall leave that to a moderator.
    they ahd terrible child hoods? what about the bloody child man.... he had batteries put up his arse by the sick heads whio have had apoor child hood.

where have the killers shiown any remourse?

What would you know about remorse? People say they're sorry and never mean it, you have NO idea what's in their heads.
    Luke, sorry but your bang out of order.