Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

diabetes - help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i have mentioned before that i have insulin dependent diabetes, but its badly controlled.

It's badly controlled mainly due to the fact that i'm crap at taking all my shots but also because I suffer from clinical depression and a whole host of other medical problems (not little ones either). When i get down, which happens quite a lot, my diet gets worse then usual, i inject less than usual and i generally get pretty fucked up health wise cos of the whole mash up of diabetes, depression and other stuff.

i'm very very unhealthy in what i eat, although i do try to be healthy, but simple convenience means i end up relying on junk food a lot of the time and don't even have proper meals.

well anyway, i've had such a shitty day today and i cannot sleep, even though i took a prescription sleeping tablet at 10pm! So i've decided i HAVE to start talking control and get my life on track. I'm pretty sure that if I improved my diet a lot of my health issues could be helped.

so sexy TheSiters....help me get motivated to eat healthily and not get down PLEASE before i end up in bloody hospital again! :crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Naz,

I'm really sorry you're having such a rubbish time. It's horrible to be faced with loads of health probems, and it's not suprising you're having a hard time coping. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I know I do so much stuff to my body that I really shouldn't, just little things like not getting anywhere near enough sleep, and drinking etc etc, but it's my way of keeping control (even if it is stupid!). It's little things, like your eating healthily, that everyone else can get away without doing, and I know it seems unfair that you have to be different to everyone else. But I also know how important it is to look after yourself. No one can push you into doing what you don't want to, but it sounds like you yourself want to change things, and that's really good. Do any of your friends/family know that you're wanting to change things? I know I've found my friends a huge support recently while I've been trying to sort things out.

I really hope you can get things sorted hun. Eating healthily may be more effort than just grabbing whatever's closest to hand, but it will do you so much good. And don't put yourself down if things don't get better immediately, even if you have bad days where you eat rubbish food, at least you're hvaing others where you're giving your body what it needs.

Good luck, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Tates x
    Hi there Naz....hope youre feeling better today?? Everything Tates said is totally spot on...it totally sucks when the pressure is on to eat a certain way because of your condition whilst everyone else is cramming in the crips and choc. you start to think well thats not fair, they can do it so why cant I.....well, its fab that youve reached the stage where you want to do something about this and with an attitude like that you WILL be able to make the changes. start gradually by making simple changes and dont be hard on yourself if you do fall by the wayside a bit - it happens to the best of us, dust yourself off, get up and carry on where you left off - bruises and all! and.....(v. important....) - make sure you give yourself the pat on the back you deserve those times you do go for the healthier option. Then youll start to associate choosing healthy food with feeling good about yourself.
    Telling your friends and fam is a fab idea too. Think about it, the more people that know, the more support youll have in your venture (just like tates said!)

Just hold onto that positive attitude girl! Good luck x

more quality info
    .....check out some of the side links from this page too! might be helpful.
    Naz, it sounds like you already know what to do. Just do it. :)

Or I release the hounds...

MrBurns.gif

:lol: