Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

teenager gets 6 months in young offenders for using video phone in court

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    lol.... i'd be happy in spain :)
    you ... would be happy being an immigrantttttt!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    banging that kid up in jail for taking a fucking picture is child abuse.

Mate, he was taking picture of the jury, that could put someone in danger and you know it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Ah whats 6 months anyhow, he will be out in 2 weeks for good behaviour :D

I know you added :D to make it lighthearted, but that isn't likely. A six month sentence wouldn't be reduced to two weeks. Still, I would argue that even two weeks is too long. There really wasn't any need to send a complete twit to prison for the crime in question. He would have been better dealt with in the community.
  • Options

a kid takes a photo where he shouldn't so he goes to jail??????????????

sorry rolly, he's an adult.....the lad is 19 :p

One thing though which some people here shout at me all the time for, but we dont know the full facts. We dont know wether he's been in trouble before blah blah blah and all that crap.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Well you know now don't you. Do a quick search if you fancy, find out how many times in the last week Kentish has pointed out my mistakes when it comes to the letter 'e'.
    Yeah but you make valid points as well, so it's not the same ;). It's only banter. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Yeah but you make valid points as well, so it's not the same ;). It's only banter. :)

;) yes indeedy, you also bother to argue with my case, and not just with the lack of the letter 'e'.
  • Options
    i cannot believe that any of you can support a prison sentance for a photographic offence from a fucking kid.
    it's not mr big tactics to get at the jury ...it's not state secrets ...
    if i light up in a public place ...i can expect jail then ...
    if my wing mirror is cracked ...if i stagger home singing ...all carry a prison sentance now ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    sorry rolly, he's an adult.....the lad is 19 :p

One thing though which some people here shout at me all the time for, but we dont know the full facts. We dont know wether he's been in trouble before blah blah blah and all that crap.

The only thing that should be taken into account in this case would be if he'd been caught doing the same thing before. If he'd been cautioned for other crimes they wouldn't really have any bearing on this charge.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I know you added :D to make it lighthearted, but that isn't likely.

Yes I was taking the piss , I aint got a clue how long someone would do with a 6 month's sentence with good behaviour.
  • Options
    i cannot believe that any of you can support a prison sentance for a photographic offence from a fucking kid.
    it's not mr big tactics to get at the jury ...it's not state secrets ...
    if i light up in a public place ...i can expect jail then ...
    if my wing mirror is cracked ...if i stagger home singing ...all carry a prison sentance now ...

it's not the photograph, it's what it's of. Dude, people get jailed for pictures of kids. He got made an example of for putting people at risk.
  • Options
    Speaking of which...
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Mate, he was taking picture of the jury, that could put someone in danger and you know it.
    He was in the public gallery, where anyone can go and have a gawp at the jury if they so wish. That doesn't excuse his crime, but I'm siding with those who say 6 months is harsh.
  • Options
    well it will stop anyone else else from doing it then... cant you dsee the long term beenfits? god man you're so against punishment for anything!

What are the long term benefits of locking this man away for 6 months?

Ok, so he probably won't do it again, but he probably wouldn't have done it again with a community punishment or even a hefty fine.

It isn't likely to stop someone doing it again if they really want to do it, for the simple fact that this case hasn't been widely publicised amongst those most likely to commit this crime.
  • Options
    welcome to the police state ...all for our good of course.
    my father and granfather will be turning their fucking wartorn souls over and over ...why ...cos todays modern people agree with stuff like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!prisoner.gif
  • Options
    so ...of much more concern is someone doing 33mph past a school ...3yrs ya sick fucking weirdos!
  • Options
    anyone else wont bother doing it as the penalty is tough....and the guy wont even look at the courts again.... i say thats a result.

So you're suggesting that this one ruling will stop every single person in this country from ever attempting what this person has done? Rubbish!! As I've already pointed out, the only reason I've heard about this is from visiting this board. I very much doubt that someone who would be likely to attempt this 'crime' would even know it was a crime. The lad who did this probably doesn't have many braincells to start with.

To proclaim this a 'result' when nobody can actually see the outcome is rather silly too.
  • Options
    banging that kid up in jail for taking a fucking picture is child abuse.

i dont want to upset people but i will. you all appear to have missed the point of where the judge is sat. the courts within this country are deemed as the crowns, whether we like it or not disobeying a order of the court (as in going against the notices all over saying "NO PHONES" etc) then you are still committing an act of treason against the crown.

having said that this law is getting outdated and the punishment is a bit harsh as has been said it is a crime and does need to be punished. just i dont really want to pay towards the £4.400 week upkeep for six months.....
  • Options
    dont understad this... a man got 3 years for driving past a skool doing 33mph?
    you obviously understand jack fucking shit about the world your living in!
  • Options
    dont understad this... a man got 3 years for driving past a skool doing 33mph?

He's comparing this to someone being imprisoned for breaking the speed limit slightly by a school.
  • Options
    right... this is a chat thing yeah? we need a face 2 face chat you'll be amazed with me :)
    i'm already fucking dismayed will that do?
  • Options
    oh cheers thanks for nothing being a freak like some.

sorry what?
  • Options
    some hard up hungover student nicks a bottle of milk off a doorstep one morning ...2 yrs and a criminal record ...way to go!
  • Options
    Is anyone going to present a logical defence of the 6 month sentence or are we agreed?
  • Options
    no it wont make a result because we have you guys who are pro crime anti punishment are loud mohting again...

What the hell are you talking about?

I believe in community punishment for certain crimes, perhaps even fines. How the hell does that make me pro-crime? I very much doubt a law abiding citizen such as myself could be deemed pro-crime. To suggest I am pro-crime either suggests I actively engage in crime or actively encourage it.
  • Options
    YOU
    A bad point poorly made.
  • Options
    YOU
    I believe in community punishment for certain crimes, perhaps even fines. How the hell does that make me pro-crime? I very much doubt a law abiding citizen such as myself could be deemed pro-crime. To say I am pro-crime either suggests I actively engage in crime or actively encourage it.

Can you please point out how I am pro-crime?
  • Options
    no it wont make a result because we have you guys who are pro crime anti punishment are loud mohting again...

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you stop misrepresenting what people have said please.

No-one has said that he shouldn't be punished - nor have they said they think it was okay for him to take the photo - the issue is whether 3 months imprisonment will benefit anyone at all......

If sentences stopped crime then there wouldn't be any crime.....

It isn't hard to see how a 19 year old, a bit bored with court proceedings might play with his phone .........

Chances are the kid will come out of prison more trouble than when he went in.......

Digging gardens for an OAP might well have convinced him not to take photos in court again - He entered a guilty plea so 6 months is particularly harsh. Digging gardens for an OAP might well have convinced him not to take photos in court again - a 100 hours of that and he would probably be in better physical shape, and some pensioners would have better gardens......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Is anyone going to present a logical defence of the 6 month sentence or are we agreed?

i think its a majority that 6 months was a bit harsh....with the only exception being Luke ;)
  • Options
    ok then your very pro crime then:D

You don't have a point do you? You can't actually tell me how my beliefs make me pro-crime so you're avoided answering the question. Why do you do this time and time again?
  • Options
    Ok then maybe a little harsh i must admit and be realistic but he should get some sort of punishment to show that taking a phoot won't be tolerated.

Not one person has said he shouldn't have been punished.
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you stop misrepresenting what people have said please.

No-one has said that he shouldn't be punished - nor have they said they think it was okay for him to take the photo - the issue is whether 3 months imprisonment will benefit anyone at all......

If sentences stopped crime then there wouldn't be any crime.....

It isn't hard to see how a 19 year old, a bit bored with court proceedings might play with his phone .........

Chances are the kid will come out of prison more trouble than when he went in.......

Digging gardens for an OAP might well have convinced him not to take photos in court again - He entered a guilty plea so 6 months is particularly harsh. Digging gardens for an OAP might well have convinced him not to take photos in court again - a 100 hours of that and he would probably be in better physical shape, and some pensioners would have better gardens......
    i know it doesn't happen often but ...thankyou.