Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

FAO mr wobble.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heres what i got for my one and a half grand.rollymobile1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Actual size?
  • Options
    What was it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Actual size?
    LMAO! sorry abpout that ...got it a bit smaller now.
  • Options
    rollymobile2.jpg
  • Options
    I actually always pictured you as the kind of chap to have a Land Rover.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I actually always pictured you as the kind of chap to have a Land Rover.
    had a series 3 about ten years ago ...got a picture somewhere.
    to slow and to noisy and to heavy on fuel. the modern ones are better but to expensive.
  • Options
    Nice truck :p.
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    I see no silver in the back windows though...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    I see no silver in the back windows though...
    sssshhhh!
  • Options
    Nice! Very nice for a grand and a half! :thumb:
    I'll be getting pictures of that Trooper developed in the next few weeks, and I'll post a few of the rebuild, so you can get an idea of what your car would look like in the nude. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Nice! get an idea of what your car would look like in the nude. :D
    sex sex sex ...some guys just can't slow down can they!
    tell you what mate ...i've spent about 400quid so far ...new oli and filter ...air filter ...brake master cylinder ...belts ...so ...1900 quid and ...so far one of of the nicest second hand= vehicles i ever did buy.
    luvly drive.
    and ...for my needs ...off road ...pulling a trailer ...and summat the wife can go to the shops in as well ...cracking buy!
  • Options
    I dread to think what my housemate has had to spend on the rebuild of the car. Three hundred for a second hand chassis from a At least a couple of hundred in spares, and about a couple of hundred on paints, Waxoyl, etc. Plus other odds 'n' ends, such as screws and bolts. So about £500 on parts, plus my labour (we did a deal on rent). But it doesn't end there. We took it for its MOT on Friday, and it failed on two balljoints, and the rear brakes aren't as effective as they should be. So he's having the garage do the work.
    I asked him "Which balljoints", and he said he didn't know. :rolleyes: So I don't know if they were one side, upper, lower, or the track rod end balljoints. But at least I don't have to do the damned things. :)
    I expect, with the garage bill & MOT fees, he'll be looking at a total of at least £1500, and probably more, for the rebuild. Scary! He could've gone and bought another car, like yours, for that. But on the other hand, he probably would've had to spend as much as you have, and probably much more as he's not able to do the work himself, sorting out the little problems that second hand cars always have. So he would've had to spend at least 2K anyway. At least all the usual problems have been ironed out of this car, and it shouldn't cost him much to keep it all up together now for the next five years at least. :)
  • Options
    I dread to think what my housemate has had to spend on the rebuild of the car. Three hundred for a second hand chassis from a At least a couple of hundred in spares, and about a couple of hundred on paints, Waxoyl, etc. Plus other odds 'n' ends, such as screws and bolts. So about £500 on parts, plus my labour (we did a deal on rent). But it doesn't end there. We took it for its MOT on Friday, and it failed on two balljoints, and the rear brakes aren't as effective as they should be. So he's having the garage do the work.
    I asked him "Which balljoints", and he said he didn't know. :rolleyes: So I don't know if they were one side, upper, lower, or the track rod end balljoints. But at least I don't have to do the damned things. :)
    I expect, with the garage bill & MOT fees, he'll be looking at a total of at least £1500, and probably more, for the rebuild. Scary! He could've gone and bought another car, like yours, for that. But on the other hand, he probably would've had to spend as much as you have, and probably much more as he's not able to do the work himself, sorting out the little problems that second hand cars always have. So he would've had to spend at least 2K anyway. At least all the usual problems have been ironed out of this car, and it shouldn't cost him much to keep it all up together now for the next five years at least. :)
    before we started chating about this stuff in earlier podts and pm's ...i would never of hasd you down as a guy that could what you can do!
    i take my hat off to mr wobble ...

rollys_hat.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    before we started chating about this stuff in earlier podts and pm's ...i would never of hasd you down as a guy that could what you can do!
    i take my hat off to mr wobble ...
    It's no big deal. A car is essentially just nuts and bolts. You just need a Haynes manual, some good tools, and the right tools, and off you go. That's how I learnt to work on cars. It was a simple case of it being cheaper to buy the parts, and tools, and do the job myself, rather than put it into a garage. Though it's really an act of necessity really. If I could afford it I would put my car into the garage for some jobs. Actually, if I could afford it, I'd have my own well lit, heated, sound insulated, double garage sized workshop at the bottom of the garden. :)

And you can keep your hat on - it's too cold at this time of the year. :)
  • Options
    It's no big deal. A car is essentially just nuts and bolts. You just need a Haynes manual, some good tools, and the right tools, and off you go. That's how I learnt to work on cars. It was a simple case of it being cheaper to buy the parts, and tools, and do the job myself, rather than put it into a garage. Though it's really an act of necessity really. If I could afford it I would put my car into the garage for some jobs. Actually, if I could afford it, I'd have my own well lit, heated, sound insulated, double garage sized workshop at the bottom of the garden. :)

And you can keep your hat on - it's too cold at this time of the year. :)
    yeah i'm self taught and not to bad but i don't think i could handle a full rebuild!
    yes ...i'll put my hat back on ...it's bloody murder being bald in this weather!