Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"vindicated character and reputation" ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
BBC News: Footballers cleared of teen rape

So the girl's evidence was so so unreliable in court that the judge directed the jury to acquit. But here's my question: The girl was 15.
Mr Forbes, of New Cross, south London, Mr Mighton, and Mr Campbell from Brockley, south London, admitted having consensual sex with the girl at the flat but denied raping her.

and
Mr Forbes said the last nine months were "hell to live through" and that he now wanted to focus on his career as a footballer.

He said: "My reputation has been attacked through the last few months. I wish for all to respect my vindicated character and reputation.

"The result today allows me to continue playing football, which is all I ever wanted to do."

So let's get this straight: four men in their 20s admit to having sex with a 15-year old girl and one of them now appears to demand that we 'respect' his vindicated reputation?

What do you think? I would have thought that the admitted facts in this case would be sufficient to destroy any reputation they had for good ... or am I just being old fashioned?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How can anyone condemn or defend either the men or the child, if they don't know whether all parties knew her age when they had sex, or whether the sex was consensual?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    erm most 15yr old you have some idea of their age range deep down....

so it appears she was a willing participant in having 6 footballers rape her regulary, shes 15 how could she testify well against 5/6 grown men :mad: grrrr