Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Totally confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any advice would be most appreciated:

I've been with my girlfriend now for around 2 years but can't help myself when I'm out when it comes to meeting other women and dating them at the same time. i can't find a single fault with my current girlfriend and I'm totally confused as to whether i want to be with her or to live the single life.

Is this just a phase and i will settle down given time or am i likely to do this with whoever i am with as it's in my nature?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends. Is it a case of having your cake and eating it? Or the thrill of possibly getting caught? Maybe your better suited to polyamorous relationships?
    Is this just a phase and i will settle down given time or am i likely to do this with whoever i am with as it's in my nature?

Only you can really answer that. Some people change, some don't. If you have to ask yourself the question, maybe you have to look deeper into your relationship and the relationship you have with yourself.

Hope this helps.
    I understand where you are coming from, there's part of me that does it for the enjoyment and the search to see if the grass is greener and the other part of me which does it for my own benefit to see if i have still got the 'touch'. Really have no idea if i will be like this for good.
    Re: Totally confused
    Originally posted by Lee101
    Any advice would be most appreciated:

I've been with my girlfriend now for around 2 years but can't help myself when I'm out when it comes to meeting other women and dating them at the same time. i can't find a single fault with my current girlfriend and I'm totally confused as to whether i want to be with her or to live the single life.

It depends if your 18 keep it up dont worry about it, youl change and your girlfriend will quickly get over it,my 17 yr old cousion was on the phone to me sobbing cause she got dumped next weekend she was happy with someone else,

If you 30 then sort it out stay with the one youve got stop trying to pull others
    2 yrs is quite a long time so i wouldnt just dump her and i definately wouldnt cheat on her... i see that as being a total arsehole. i have that much respect for my girlfriend even if my feelings for her might eventually fade away...

id talk to her and tell her exactly how you feel. its true though ppl change but i dont think she deserves to be treated badly ???
    i agree with pan chan boo. Its unacceptable. Everyone has moments in their relationships when they go through phrases but not everyone acts on these temptations. You should go on a break out of respect of your girlfriend, because your clearly not mature enough to handle a long term relationship. Not a dig, some people just arent ready, but maybe the single life or dating will suit you better. Your girlfriend deserves better.
    I think youre being really unfair on your girlfriend to continue seeing her when youre also seeing other people. How would you feel if she was still seeing other people? would you accept the same excuse from her?
    I dont believe anybody "cant help themself".
    Theres nothing wrong with seeing other people but not if your girlfriend is under the impression that shes special to you, and that youre seeing her exclusively. Youre basically deceiving her, and im sure she doesnt deserve that.