Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eagles of Death Metal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
First saw them on the last NME awards on channel 4 a fair few months ago playing "speaking in tongues"( must have been, Pete and Carl were on the same stage!:p ) My mate made me a compilation CD recently and it had "I only want you" and that made me remember how good they are! Anyone care to comment?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah they're not bad from what i can remember!

Downloaded a live album of theirs that was free available on a site a while back but havent listened to much of it. The guitarist/singer freaks me out a bit.

Also wierd seeing Josh Homme on drums too!
    yeh I've just downloaded that today. James Hughes I think is the singer's name, but I'm not sure. I think he's pretty cool actually, a bit mad!

I agree about Josh Homme. It's weird to see him in the background as opposed to the front of the stage. I'm looking forward to the new QOTSA album, they rocked when I saw them last year, but I want to see what its like without Nick Oliveri. He made QOTSA for me.
    Its Jesse something or other, cant remember! At least that name rings a bell i think....

Yeah the new QOTSA album will hopefully be good, get the feeling it might be more deserts sessions-esque though. I saw them last year at Brixton, totally blew the roof off the place, fantastic gig. A QOTSA gig/album without Nick is going to be wierd, but i guess we'll wait and see.
    my bad, its Jesse Hughes. Knew it was J something!