Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Rangers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :rolleyes: Kermit you have way too much time on your hands that you seem to have lost your sanity.

Fucking grow up and try and leave your house once in a wee while so you can be reminded what the real world is like.

Celtic Fans are scum.
    So are Rangers fans.

Reasons have been already been listed by a few posters.
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Fucking grow up and try and leave your house once in a wee while so you can be reminded what the real world is like.

You need to go back to Insult College.

Celtic Fans are scum.
    So are Rangers fans.

Yes.

Point?
    AND I have decided to enlighten you what the Celtic fans have done. Just cause you're just too narrow minded to admit that one side is as bad as the other :-/

Nope, Rangers are worse IMHO.

A visit to Celtic Park as an away fan isn't that bad an experience (apart from the area it's in)

A visit to Ibrox on the other hand isn't a particularly enjoyable one.

Nazi salutes, racist chanting, songs taking great joy in the deaths of other humans, the PA system trying to stoke up bigoted chanting before the game, BNP sellers outside the ground etc.

There's a good chance you'll get a bottle/pie thrown at you too.

You can bleat all you want about Celtic being just as bad and going on about isolated incidents with fans taking it too far, but on the whole, Rangers fans are worse.

BTW, that's coming from someone who actually goes to games, not somebody from across the water who only follows the filth because their daddy did, and so did their grandpa etc etc etc...
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You need to go back to Insult College.

Yes.

Point?

haha... o m fucking hell have you any idea have sad you sound?!

My point was made about a page back if you can remember :-/
    T'is like talking to an 8 year old :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    BTW, that's coming from someone who actually goes to games, not somebody from across the water who only follows the filth because their daddy did, and so did their grandpa etc etc etc...

...and round and round and round.
    Where was I defending the Rangers Fans?!

Like a bunch of kids. Back and forth with accusations.
    Where was I defending the Rangers Fans?!

By deflecting the point of the thread, div.

I said "Rangers fans are sectarian vermin", and you came back with "so are Celtic".

Which is of no relevance to anything, least of all the scum-ness of Rangers fans.

For the record, neither me nor Bri-namite are Celtic fans. So shut up about Celtic.
    Celtic Fans are scum.
    So are Rangers fans.

To label a large group of supporters in that way is ridiculous. I know a lot of Rangers fans are no angels but the point seems to have been missed here.

A section of the Celtic support went to the effort of dressing up in monkey suits for Mark Walter's debut at Parkhead when he joined Rangers, while other fans threw bananas at the player. That's taking racism to a seriously disturbing and sickening extreme.

In recent years, intimidation and harrassment of match officials has become commonplace amongst Celtic fans. The Dunfermline chairman even had a car load of Celtic fans at his house 'looking for him' after the League decided in 2002/03 - Around the same time as the Dunfermline 'keeper was receiving death threats.

Harrassment of opposition players and even their immediate family and relatives isn't unheard of these days as well where Celtic fans are concerned. Ask Billy Dodds and Neil McCann what their families have suffered, and why not ask Mo Johnstone why he had to move abroad?

This is the same set of fans that have had their stadium shut down in the past for bad behaviour and rioting. Thousands of these people were singing "We are the IRA" at the last Old Firm game. These are the people that interrupted a (non) minute (non) silence for September 11th with IRA songs live on BBC television before an away game. These are the same people that travelled to Manchester and revelled in their terrorists songs infront of people whose city had been bombed by the IRA. And again, the same people that had a "Provos on Tour" flag with them for a UEFA Cup match in Germany in the mid 90s.

They are not normal.

And speaking of untermenschen, how about the hundreds of Aberdeen fans that visit Ibrox twice a year and revel in the death of 66 Rangers fans in the Ibrox Disaster of 1971? Would these Aberdeen fans travel down south and sing songs glorifying Hillsborough or Heysel? I think not.
    By deflecting the point of the thread, div.

I said "Rangers fans are sectarian vermin", and you came back with "so are Celtic".

Which is of no relevance to anything, least of all the scum-ness of Rangers fans.

For the record, neither me nor Bri-namite are Celtic fans. So shut up about Celtic.

Why don't you shut the fuck up about Rangers and stop being a biggoted wee shite when you know fine rightly that both sides are wankers.

I did not 'deflect' the point you. I simply stated that we can't forget that celtic fans have had made some of their finest moments in being sectarian asswipes as well. This is about biggoted football fans, aint it? Or are you just trying to show yourself up to be a sectarian bastard as well by JUST slating the Rangers fans, just to fit in?!

My God, what do I have to do to get that through you thick head.
    Rangers fans (not a minority) used to chant "No Blacks at Ibrox" at their own players.

So..... Did a mate of a mate whose Dad read in some fanzine that got it off a taxi driver who 'knows a guy' tell you this?

Feel free to let us all know when Rangers fans used to sing this at their own players.
    Originally posted by YouCrazyDiamond
    This is the same set of fans that have had their stadium shut down in the past for bad behaviour and rioting. Thousands of these people were singing "We are the IRA" at the last Old Firm game.

I remember my brother telling me that before. Is quite scary.

And speaking of untermenschen, how about the hundreds of Aberdeen fans that visit Ibrox twice a year and revel in the death of 66 Rangers fans in the Ibrox Disaster of 1971?

Complete and utter horseshit.

The last three times I was at Ibrox, there's been one or two fans (literally) who've started singing that song and they were promptly told to shut the fuck up.

That pales into insignificance compared to what a far greater proportion of your scummy lot sing each and every week.
    Feel free to let us all know when Rangers fans used to sing this at their own players.

Or in other words - "We didn't sing that song. Well we did, but it was at Bobo Balde. Oh and we made monkey noises and gestures at him too. But he's a dirty Fenian bassa. So that makes it OK"

I wonder what the reaction of Boumsong (a black Catholic) or Marvin Andrews would have been, had he been playing in that game.

It doesn't matter who they were singing it at at all, and whatever you might think, racism is bad whoever the players play for.
    To label a large group of supporters in that way is ridiculous. I know a lot of Rangers fans are no angels but the point seems to have been missed here...

[Celtic fans] are not normal.

Hypocrite.

And I can't believe you've actually signed up to spout this shit.
    Complete and utter horseshit.

The last three times I was at Ibrox, there's been one or two fans (literally) who've started singing that song and they were promptly told to shut the fuck up.

"One or two fans" don't make that much noise. It's hundreds of Aberdeen fans and it happens on every visit to Ibrox. So, would these travelling Aberdeen fans glorify the deaths of innocent football fans at Hillborough or Heysel on a visit down south?
    That pales into insignificance compared to what a far greater proportion of your scummy lot sing each and every week.

So it's a case of "youze ur wurse than us"? See the irony here?

You said:
    Rangers fans (not a minority) used to chant "No Blacks at Ibrox" at their own players.

So when did this happen? You seemed happy enough to mention it so why not let us know when you think this was sung by Rangers fans to Rangers players?
    I wonder what the reaction of Boumsong (a black Catholic) or Marvin Andrews would have been, had he been playing in that game.

Jorg Albertz and Lorenzo Amoruso - Both Roman Catholics and both two of the most popular players seen at Ibrox since the Walter Smith era; Real fans' favourites. It's CELTIC fans that have a problem with the religion of Rangers place. Hence Neil McCann getting abuse and Mo Johnston having to live abroad due to death threats.
    Can't be bothered to read the whole of the post, but what about when Claudio Reyna played for Rangers and he was taking a corner and practically the whole of the celtic end was doing aeroplane signs soon after 9/11?
    "One or two fans" don't make that much noise. It's hundreds of Aberdeen fans and it happens on every visit to Ibrox.

You're a liar - simple as.

If you know better, please do feel free to prove it.
    So when did this happen? You seemed happy enough to mention it so why not let us know when you think this was sung by Rangers fans to Rangers players?

It was sung at Ibrox during that match Bobo Balde got booed.

I've no idea if you had any black players playing at all during that match. To be honest, I couldn't care less if you did or not, I don't think that chant is acceptable whether it's at your own players or not.

In any case, it would seem you're saying that that kind of chant is fine as long as it isn't at one of your own players.

I think you're a racist.

Jorg Albertz and Lorenzo Amoruso - Both Roman Catholics and both two of the most popular players seen at Ibrox since the Walter Smith era; Real fans' favourites.

Yup.

I bet Amoruso openly racially abusing a Dortmund put him a bit higher up in the Ibrox Hall of Fame, eh?

Not to mention spitting in people's faces.

Still, I suppose he epitomises everything Rangers Football Club is about :thumb:
    If you know better, please do feel free to prove it.

You only need to attend a Rangers vs Aberdeen match to hear the chants. It happens every time Aberdeen visit Ibrox: The travelling supporters rejoice in the death of 66 football fans, and it will happen the next time Aberdeen visit. Anyone attending the match will be able to hear it.

It was sung at Ibrox during that match Bobo Balde got booed.

That'll be the match that Iain King referred to in his article a few months back then. The match that Bobo Balde DID. NOT. PLAY. IN. Iain King apologised for said article.

I've no idea if you had any black players playing at all during that match. To be honest, I couldn't care less if you did or not, I don't think that chant is acceptable whether it's at your own players or not.

You said that Rangers fans used to sing "No blacks at Ibrox" to their own players. You're quite clearly inferring that Rangers fans racially abused their own players. Absolute nonsense and you've dodged the question every time: When did this happen? Who was it sung to?

In any case, it would seem you're saying that that kind of chant is fine as long as it isn't at one of your own players.

Racism is as abhorrent as rejoicing in the deaths of football fans at a match. In Balde's case he was boo'd because he was Celtic's dirtiest player for a long time: Two off-the-ball elbows at Hampden within minutes, neither of which he was booked for, and almost crippling Ronald de Boer in the 2002 Scottish Cup Final being two prime examples.
    This thread has become ridiculous.

Kermit, you were talking about Celtic earlier in the thread when you said something like "when was the last time a Celtic player received death threats". So you yourself are comparing Celtic and Rangers. It's just someting that always happens - Celtic and Rangers being compared as they are the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland at the moment and both have serious sectarian problems.

It seems to me that you don't actually know very much about Rangers and are just spouting the crap that you have read in the newspapers. You yourself are just coming across as a bigot.

And Brian, you cannot claim that Aberdeen fans don't sing about the Ibrox disaster all the time when they come to Ibrox or when Rangers visit Aberdeen. And don't get me started on the coing incident. yeah, it was disgusting but it doesnt mean that all Rangers fans were behing it - the minority of idiot fans were but there is that minority in every club. Just lik I'm sure not all the Aberdeen fans supported the fanny guy that jumped on the pitch and tried to karate kick Ricksen.

Here's an extract from a good article in the Daily Record by Jim Traynor (not that I buy that rubbish, honest!!) ...

"Today I must ask Martin O`Neill for forgiveness. I didn`t realise that he was such a humanitarian , a champion of good against the twin evils of sectarianiasm and racism.
    I just didn`t know to be honest with you , but celtic fans have been putting me straight about their manager . They`ve been telling me for more than a week now just how wonderful he is and surely they can`t all be wrong .
    So Yes I ask for forgiveness for my own folly . You see, I`ve always believed it is wrong to be sectarian or racist , no matter where you come from , or which team you support . Silly me , I`ve been misguided all these years.

Apparently its only Rangers fans who are bigots , Only those who favour Ibrox are sectarian and racist , although I`m now being told that other clubs throughout the country also have fans who routinely abuse players because of their religion and nationality.

I`m also being asked to believe celtic are immune to this unfortunate human condition , and I must admit I didn`t know that either , it seems they are free of sectarianism and racism and their boss has been lauded for having opened a debate on what we call Scotland`s curse through his action in the last old firm game when Neil Lennon was abused by a cross section of Rangers fans".

The article goes on to quote about the Ferguson comment of a few years ago and a number of other things that have been mentioned on here already.
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    Here's an extract from a good article in the Daily Record by Jim Traynor

The Daily Rangers cannot possibly have a "good" article in it.
    You only need to attend a Rangers vs Aberdeen match to hear the chants. It happens every time Aberdeen visit Ibrox: The travelling supporters rejoice in the death of 66 football fans, and it will happen the next time Aberdeen visit. Anyone attending the match will be able to hear it.

You're still a liar if you're saying it's any more than a couple of morons.

I can assure you I've never sung that song, and if I saw someone singing it then I'd tell them to shut the fuck up.

What about you? You ever sung "Hello, Hello"? Or if you saw others singing it, would you tell them to shut it?

I'd doubt it.

The match that Bobo Balde DID. NOT. PLAY. IN.

Aw, that makes it OK then.

Next you'll be telling me your fellow Huns were just merely taking part in National Monkey Impression Day.

You said that Rangers fans used to sing "No blacks at Ibrox" to their own players. You're quite clearly inferring that Rangers fans racially abused their own players. Absolute nonsense and you've dodged the question every time: When did this happen? Who was it sung to?

I've no idea whether it was sung at your own players or not. I do apologise if the absolutely outrageous statement I made wasn't completely 100% factual.

I don't think it matters which players the chants were aimed at to be honest. Rangers fans are still racist scum, whether it's their own players or any poor black opposition player with the audacity to run onto the Hunnery.

So maybe they were aimed at your own players, maybe they weren't. I still think it's out of order, but you seem to think it's fine so long as it's not at your own lot.

You can repeat the question all the time, but you and I both know you're dodging the real issue here.

Racism is as abhorrent as rejoicing in the deaths of football fans at a match.

Just out of interest, is it as abhorrent in rejoicing in the deaths of Catholics every single week?

Do you partake in such behaviour? Or are you totally disgusted by it?

Answer the questions please, without any reference to how Celtic are just as bad.
    I gotta ask Bri-namite but where in any of YouCrazyDiamond posts did you see that he agreed it was ok to be racist to an opposing player?!

As your argument is so lame and sectarian, I noticed you feel the need to have to put words in his mouth.

P.S. Message for Bri-namite: Kermits' Proctologist just called; saying you can pick up your tongue anytime tomorrow. :D
    I gotta ask Bri-namite but where in any of YouCrazyDiamond posts did you see that he agreed it was ok to be racist to an opposing player?!

He seems to be outraged that I suggested that Rangers fans were racist to their own players, but he's not exactly scathing towards the Rangers fans who openly abuse black Celtic players.

Do keep up.

As your argument is so lame and sectarian, I noticed you feel the need to have to put words in his mouth.

It's not, I'm just getting pissed off that he's blatantly lying about Aberdeen fans singing songs when I was there and it just didn't happen.

Unless he can prove otherwise, which he can't.

P.S. Message for Bri-namite: Kermits' Proctologist just called; saying you can pick up your tongue anytime tomorrow. :D

Or in other words "I've lost the argument. I want my mummy :crying:"

To sum up - you're clearly a part-time Hun, I'd doubt you've been to a lot of games, I suspect you only follow them for religious reasons rather than anything else

Therefore, any opinion you have in this thread from now on is hereby rendered invalid.

Oh please, is that the best insult you can come up with?

Did you get dropped on your head when you were a baby?
    He seems to be outraged that I suggested that Rangers fans were racist to their own players, but he's not exactly scathing towards the Rangers fans who openly abuse black Celtic players.

Do keep up.

He simply asked when this happened and who to. AND yet you still can't come up with an answer. **Waits Patiently**

He isn't exactly defenfing their actions either unlike that asswipe Kermit who believes Celtic Fans were justified in their violent actions towards that referee.

It's not, I'm just getting pissed off that he's blatantly lying about Aberdeen fans singing songs when I was there and it just didn't happen.

Unless he can prove otherwise, which he can't.

And you havenn't exactly proved any of your accussations either :-/

He didn't accuse you personally that you were chanting that, but it is known that both sides do chant biggotted/sectarian things to each other. So theirs no point denying that.
    Everyone knows what their reputation is like.

Or in other words "I've lost the argument. I want my mummy :crying:"

:lol:
    To sum up - you're clearly a part-time Hun, I'd doubt you've been to a lot of games, I suspect you only follow them for religious reasons rather than anything else

Again you seem to feel the need in bringing religion into it. And it's people like you that follows this sectarian hate.

I don't support either teams though. So why pass that judgement upon me?!
    Oh please, is that the best insult you can come up with?

Did you get dropped on your head when you were a baby?

That's something my 9 year old niece would come off with as a come back.

Though in all seriousness...
    Aww shit mon, I can't take your seriously anymore. Forget it!!
    THOSE STENHOUSEMUIR BASTARDS ARE THE WORST

seriously though, why are all you'se saying stuff like "in 1966 jimmy joe buckley did such a such that means all your fans are secterian ****s"

cruel2bkind, is it not your experience that celtic fans are alot more tolerant than rangers fans, generally, all celtic and rangers fans are normal good people, however, there are more bad rangers fans than celtic ones, sorry its true.
    Turlough, that is a stupid thing to say. You can't make a sweeping statement like that.

I have lived in Glasgow my whole life and have been brought up as a Rangers fan. I have many friends who are Celtic fans. I have witnessed violence from both sets of fans.

When I was 11years old my dad took me to my first old firm game. When we were leaving a Celtic fan purposely drove his car into a group of Rangers fans. Celtic fans were shouting abuse at us the whole way up the road. This was to a man with two young girls and a wee boy!!

My boyfriend has been punched after a game while he was walking home just because he was wearing a Rangers top. Many of his friends have been chased home. This has happened to male friends of mine who are Celtic supporters as well.

My friend was the girlfriend of Mark Scott, the 15yr old boy who was killed by some psycho Rangers fan just cos he was wearing a Celtic top. The same thing has happened to Rangers fans.

Anyway, all I'm trying to show is that Rangers and Celtic both have problems, so there's no point in saying that it's only Rangers or as you said that "Celtic fans are more tolerant". What a load of crap.

I really think that the majority of you don't have a clue what you're talking about and are just getting your stupid opinions from the media.

Also, something else that has been pissing me off. At the game on the 20th, nobody anywhere around me was shouting sectarian or racist abuse at Lennon. Unless "Lennon, you're a wanker", "Lennon, Lennon, what's the score" and booing him each time he touched the ball fits that definition. It was the same abuse he gets at every ground in Sctland cos he is a twat. If he was getting sectarian abuse it was by the minority.
    Turlough, that is a stupid thing to say. You can't make a sweeping statement like that.

I have lived in Glasgow my whole life and have been brought up as a Rangers fan. I have many friends who are Celtic fans. I have witnessed violence from both sets of fans.

When I was 11years old my dad took me to my first old firm game. When we were leaving a Celtic fan purposely drove his car into a group of Rangers fans. Celtic fans were shouting abuse at us the whole way up the road. This was to a man with two young girls and a wee boy!!

My boyfriend has been punched after a game while he was walking home just because he was wearing a Rangers top. Many of his friends have been chased home. This has happened to male friends of mine who are Celtic supporters as well.

My friend was the girlfriend of Mark Scott, the 15yr old boy who was killed by some psycho Rangers fan just cos he was wearing a Celtic top. The same thing has happened to Rangers fans.

Anyway, all I'm trying to show is that Rangers and Celtic both have problems, so there's no point in saying that it's only Rangers or as you said that "Celtic fans are more tolerant". What a load of crap.

I really think that the majority of you don't have a clue what you're talking about and are just getting your stupid opinions from the media.

Also, something else that has been pissing me off. At the game on the 20th, nobody anywhere around me was shouting sectarian or racist abuse at Lennon. Unless "Lennon, you're a wanker", "Lennon, Lennon, what's the score" and booing him each time he touched the ball fits that definition. It was the same abuse he gets at every ground in Sctland cos he is a twat. If he was getting sectarian abuse it was by the minority.

i'm sorry but did you even read my post, i said why do you'se keep recalling individual incidents, you've made about 6 there, and yes, i also said that most celtic and rangers fans are decent people but rangers fans, well in my own experience in northern ireland are far more secterian, i don't know what scotland is like.
    Originally posted by turlough
    cruel2bkind, is it not your experience that celtic fans are alot more tolerant than rangers fans, generally, all celtic and rangers fans are normal good people, however, there are more bad rangers fans than celtic ones, sorry its true.

So why is in the Belfast city centre you see more people wearing Celtic Shirts than Rangers Top and there was an incident in the town when a girl let her Rangers necklace slip out of her top by an accident in the JJB store and one of the guys who worked in the store asked her how she would feel if a fenian beat her Cunt in. Remember that happened a few years ago.

AND when the last time Rangers won the league about three years ago, the Celttic fans in East Belfast walked up to the local protestant area and started riot which was on the news.

As Pinkstar said you get the minority of wankers from both sides. Sooo please don't give all that bullshit saying Celtic Fans are soo much more tolerant than Rangers fans.
    To sum up - you're clearly a part-time Hun

You continuely use the sectarian comment, 'Hun'. Change the word 'Hun' till another biggotted slur, e.g. nigger and see how exceptable that sounds!!!

Oh please.

I'm afraid this debate is bound to come to an end soon, seeing as not one of you bluenosed bastards can defend the actions of your club, the players or the fans without pointing to Celtic and saying they're just as bad.

I can only speak from personal experience, but I generally find that I can have a pint with Celtic fans during a European match no problem at all, they make good company.

I just find that the majority of Rangers fans I've come across have been pathetic excuses for human beings and all-round bigoted filth.

Both collectively and individually.

And the really sad thing is that they aren't ashamed of it.