Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

need a little help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wonder if any tech savvy person could tell me why this site and several others (not all though) that i visit regularly have since this morning started appearing with extra large fonts?

When i popped round the fonts here showed up as normal small sized and easy on the eys, but now every subsequent visit shows the fonts greatly expanded on my screen. This only started today so im not sure if the problem is my comp or whether they are working on the servers and messing up the display sent out to users.

Anyone got any ideas how i can restore my screen image of the boards to their normal size and spacing?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    have you got a wheel on your mouse...?

if so, hold down controll, and scroll the wheel forwards to make the font smaller again.

or go to tools --> text size, and choose the size you want. I think default is medium.

:)

edit: default is medium, not small!
  • Options
    For Firefox
    CTRL+ (increase)
    CTRL- (decrease)

For I.E it's View>>Text Size.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. In the end it appears that it was the encoding option on my browser that somehow changed from Unicode to Western Europe (Windows). It appears be back to normal size since i chose the unicode option.

Cheers!