Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Most underrated DJ's/Producers/tunes of 2004

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
S'all in the title, talking specifically about people's contributions to the scene in 2004. For me..

DJ's/Producers:
AMS
Ham
V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D.
Robbie Long
Enzyme X (collective name) made up of Ophidian, Endymion, Project Omeaga, etc.
Mozz & Oli G

Tunes:
Robbie Long & AMS - Feelin' Good - (the most underrated tune of 2004)
Oli G & Invader - Living Hell
Cris.E.Manic - Just One More

Probably more I can't think of. Would include Gammer in the DJ's section but since he won the 'Best Newcomer' awards at Slammin', wouldn't class him as underrated. Still a quality DJ though.

Anyone else?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Seems like your specifically targetting hardcore, whereas my frame of music will be targeting hard dance:

* Best Upcoming Label - 3Dom - Has had 3 releases so far, all have been excellent, this label has made a firm mark on the scene over the last 6 months.. quality energy hard trance

* Best Upcoming Producer - Technikal - Quality bloke, quality tracks, epic hard trance has never been so good, this boy is seriously getting up there with Guyver and beyond!

* As for track of the year, its not out yet, but I've been canning '69 - Your My Angel (Elemental Remix)' since Technikal gave me a copy last month, just don't get fed up of it, its amazing, so uplifting.. hardcore gone hard trance in a big way!

* Best DJ for 2004 - Lee Haslam - Doesn't matter that people think hes cheesy, I rate him right up there, everytime he plays out here I can't help but dance and thats not easy for me anymore!

Others who deserve a mention:- K-Complex, Wid&Ben, Synapse Recordings, Lee Pasch (His remix of 'We are the future' was amazing), Jason Cortez, P.H.A.T.T and many others!

I don't personally rate DJs like Paul Glazby, BK, Justin Bourne, Andy Farley etc. I find most of their sets rather boring, all one mono-type, techno-influenced, one tone music with little or no substance.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    Others who deserve a mention:- K-Complex..

:yes:

Definitely deserves a mention, Adagio is another tune worth buying.

Wasn't specifically focusing on hardcore, just happens to be my music of preference. Think the Pendulum lot (DnB) are highly underrated as well, some of the best tunes of recent years have been by them - heard them play a couple of blinding sets throughout the year aswell.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Definitely deserves a mention, Adagio is another tune worth buying.
    Speaking of adagio, have you heard the Steve Hill/Technikal remake for Voltswagen? Coming out next year, been canning it out this direction.. huge 2 minute breakdown capturing the heart and soul of the original..
  • Options
    DJ's/Producers:
    (There's loads I know of tbh)

Digital Witchcraft
    Jono Fernandez
    Shiloh
    Ozgur Can
    Elusive & Espen
    Rouzbeh Delavari
    Sebastian Ingrosso

You prolly have no idea who they are if your not into that Prog House/Breaks that much.
  • Options
    I'd agree with all of the Next Generation producer's, especially Ham and V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D.

All of Invaders stuff (one of my best mates)
    Oli G
    Uplift

And I'm very impressed with some of the new MC's who are getting booked at the bigger events.
  • Options
    And I'm very impressed with some of the new MC's who are getting booked at the bigger events.

:yes::yes::yes:

about a year ago i posted a thread about MC's and expressed my sentiments to the effect that 90% of them chat bollocks over good tunes.

I've had that view shoved right back up my arse by the quality of a few MC's this year; Smiley @ HH: The Finale, Odessey @ HH vs Frantic, (not up and coming but) Charlie B @ Slip Back In Time, MC2 (Storm and Whizzkid) @ HTID UV Raver Party.

:hyper:
  • Options
    DJ: Me again :(

New Years rez: Learn to mix.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Smiley @ HH: The Finale, Odessey @ HH vs Frantic

Smiley is jank IMO. And both have been around for ages. MC Wotsee is new but also Jank.
    Most harcore MC's a shite now anyway - they've lost the freestyle quality that the likes of Sharkey and Robbie Dee had.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    oh and while we are on the subject i've really got it in for (i think) Mad P :mad:

I've got a Dreamscape 1994 tape (Slipmatt), where he comes out with such lyrical gems as.

'Ride like a donkey'
    'just stand by your man byyou man just stand by your man by your maaaaan' (he does this really annoying thing where he makes the last word in the sentence drop in tone)

ruined a great tape, and gave the sound engineer the worst agro i've ever heard, called him a ****, and i believe he said 'why'ya gwan like a geenal:confused:'
  • Options
    Man Parris is the worst MC ever.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Man Parris is the worst MC ever.

i dunno, some of the 'highly blessed' idiots that Shabba has round him are funny, so i've heard.

yeah but Parris is OOLLD SKOOL! tbh thought MC GQ's been around since forever and he's improved over time.

Is there really an excuse for MC's remaining shite because they are old skool?

*COUGH*Everson Allen*COUGH* ....bites all his lyrics from 80's house vocals 'Brothers, sisters, one day we will be free..' :rolleyes:
  • Options
    oh while we're at it...

Robbie Long - Awesome Control (Remix of 'Crowd Control')

That tune is the bollocks :D
  • Options
    Is there really an excuse for MC's remaining shite because they are old skool?

No.

Check out Robbie Dee mate - the Original Detonator. Used to do Fantazia, Obsessiona, Dreamscape.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'd say the Elation Boys are under rated. Ponder and Happy Bounce are top, but you dont see them at that many events.
  • Options
    Check out Robbie Dee mate - the Original Detonator. Used to do Fantazia, Obsessiona, Dreamscape

i know Robbie Dee :D

he's on the new HTID tape pack from the UV raver party.

ACTUNG ACHTUNG!!!! BUY THE HTID UV RAVER TAPE PACK, ITS THE BOLLOCKS, BEST AND MOST ECLECTIC PACK IN AGES!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Sharkey really is the only one. A proper performer.
  • Options
    i really have to say though, MC2 do a good job.

cant beat a Nu Energy PA though :thumb:

whats the dancer's name again?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Sharkey really is the only one. A proper performer.

Not the only one. MC Ruff (RIP) and Robbie Dee are quality too.
    I remember a thread on USH when Jondashark (Sharkey) said his fave MC was Robbie Dee - because he's a loon. Robbie Dee is without a doubt the best junglist MC.
    + Livelee with Vibes is the ultimate feel good cheese.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    [B
    ]cant beat a Nu Energy PA though :thumb:
    [/B]

if you mean Nu Energy Collective then i agree :D