Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Phone contracts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for those offended by coarse language, look away now...

FUCKING ORANGE ARE COMPLETE FUCKING TOSSPOT WANKERS!!!

sorry.

Just come off the phone to them, and theyve told me i have to have my phone another 12 months!?
i upgraded my phone a couple of months ago, had to pay for the handset as well so i thought that was just the 'upgrading fee' and that my contract was still the same. well i just phoned orange to try and change my phone as im not happy with it and have been told i have to keep this one or pay a large upgrading fee and i have to keep the contract for another year. now i know for a fact i havent signed anything aggreeing to this so how can they make me stay on the contract for another year?

Comments

• Options
    T-Mobile. Their the best tbh.
  • Options
    I think when you upgrade you then sign up for another year yes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I think when you upgrade you then sign up for another year yes.

surely they would have to tell me about it though!?
    nobody even mentioned extending the contract when i upgraded and i didnt sign anything to say that...
  • Options
    small print
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey
    surely they would have to tell me about it though!?
    nobody even mentioned extending the contract when i upgraded and i didnt sign anything to say that...
    small print

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaCN
    small print

Yeah, it's a usual tactic.
  • Options
    im 100% sure i havent signed anything that says about extending the contract though. and im always careful to read the small print and wont sign anything until im absolutely clear what it means so they've got nothing saying i agree to extend the contract. the (bitch) woman on the phone just kept saying well its obvious its going to extend the contract but how is it obvious when theres no documentation to say this?
  • Options
    F***ING ORANGE ARE COMPLETE F***ING TOSSPOT W*****S!!!
    They are indeed. They've just pushed up their prices for me - again. I'm now getting to send a measly five free text messages a day, and sending any more costs me 12p a time. It's a total rip-off. Unless I can find a better scheme, I'm moving to another network.
  • Options
    im 100% sure i havent signed anything that says about extending the contract though. and im always careful to read the small print and wont sign anything until im absolutely clear what it means so they've got nothing saying i agree to extend the contract. the (bitch) woman on the phone just kept saying well its obvious its going to extend the contract but how is it obvious when theres no documentation to say this?

Where is your original contract? Read it.
  • Options
    When you upgrade your handset you are agreeing to the T & C which means another 12 month contract basically. Yeah they should have todl you but they dont, thats how they get you.

Like has been said its all in the small print.

terms & conditions of upgrading
    If you upgrade your Orange phone, you will be bound to a further minimum term contract, with such minimum term as provided in your Service Plan.

Its not much help tbh but your pretty much stuck with what you have for 12 months. Unless you can somehow ( though i doubt it ) find a way around orange
  • Options
    O2 are the best. :(
  • Options
    o2 can be a pain in the arse too.
    and the customer service helpline thingybob takes forever to get through to them on!.