Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Another Mozilla > IE thread

Sorry but this had to be done, I was playing around with Mozilla last night and it beats IE bt about a billion to one!

My fav feature is the ability to write your own searchplugins :D hehe now i have all my fav sites lined up to be searched in just one click its great :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tabbe browsing + personalised keywords = win, not to mention all the extensions floating about out there.

Advanced Google toolbar, Gmail Notifier, FTP client, WinAmp controls...
  • Options
    Yes its all win!
  • Options
    loving news feeds on a tab at the side at the mo
  • Options
    The tabs is my favorate feature..
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The tabs and winamp controls pwn.
  • Options
    Pop-up blocking is one of my favourite features. I know that IE have just caught up with pop-ups, but Mozilla has been doing it since I first started using it 2-and-a-half years ago.

Another feature I use is the ability to search a page by merely typing the keyword. No CTRL-F box (although that isn't too much effort either).

The only downside I've seen on Mozilla is the lack of ability to save WMV and RAR files normally. If you attempt it, you see a page of gobble-y-gook. What you have to do is right-click on your wanted link and do a "save target as". Then place it somewhere on your hard drive and view the file once downloaded.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    All the features you've described above are included in netscape too. So what makes mozilla better than it?
    (For the record, I'm using firefox).
  • Options
    I can't live without the Super Drag and Go extension, just drag a link to open it in a tab in the background! So useful if you want to read a load of links off one page!
  • Options
    well I find the web developer tool really useful at work, but don't know if the same is available on netscape
  • Options
    Originally posted by buzz
    I can't live without the Super Drag and Go extension, just drag a link to open it in a tab in the background! So useful if you want to read a load of links off one page!

Holding Ctrl while clicking a link does that as well :confused:
  • Options
    Middle clicking does it even better :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by ben.s
    Middle clicking does it even better :D

I've got middle clicking set to highlight any matches to my Google toolbar search terms on the page :razz:
  • Options
    :o

Mine seems to be working now
  • Options
    Have to say I am VERY impressed with Firefox. Been using it for about a week now - and earlier today I checked my hotmail account on IE instead of FF (it automatically opened up in IE) and managed to develop a Trojan. :rolleyes:

Just changed the theme too, great stuff! :cool:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Jim V
    well I find the web developer tool really useful at work, but don't know if the same is available on netscape
    I'm not sure if it's the same thing (I didn't install that tool for firefox) but netscape has composer, to make web pages.

Funny how everyone was saying that "netscape is shit" and no one said why...