Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

mysterious injuries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone else find injuries on themselves and not have a clue how or when they did it?

one of my fingers is really swollen and doesn't straighten properly, and i guess i must have injured it at some point today, but i don't remember doing it. and to get it as swollen as it is, it must have really hurt... :confused:

this happens to me all the time, and it's odd.

i went through a stage of always having a really sore right eyebrow, and this went on for weeks, and it really mystified me. then i was informed i'd been headbutting the wall in my sleep. :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Many times... For a certain period of my life, years ago, I'd always find small cuts on my fingers and I had no idea where from...

More recently, every morning my toes were very sore. Then I realised that the covers are pressing them down when I'm sleeping facing up, because the bed is a bit short.
  • Options
    Yeah, i always wake up with randomised bruises and such, so i don't know if i'm really violent in my sleep or something or if i don't notice i have hurt my self untill much later on?
  • Options
    Maybe you all get...

ABDUCTED!!

And beaten and abused by aliens?

:eek2:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by ben.s
    Maybe you all get...

ABDUCTED!!

And beaten and abused by aliens?

:eek2:
    Come to think of it, I read a list called "52 indicators" (not sure about the number) and I answered "yes" to many of them...
  • Options
    I got drunk the other night and woke up with an excruciating coccyx pain.
  • Options
    Re: mysterious injuries
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    does anyone else find injuries on themselves and not have a clue how or when they did it?

yes every saturday morning after taking copius amounts of drugs i usually wake up in some strange place with bruises all over my body.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    :yes:

I'm always covered in bruises and the like and have no idea how I managed to get them. Or some days I wake up and my ankle (for example) is really sore and I can't remember going over it. T'is quite bizarre, like.
  • Options
  • Options
    yep, everytime i go clubbing or drinking i seem to end up with numerous small cuts and bruises everywhere.

worked out why i had a period when i kept waking up feeling like someone had beatent he shit out of me.

flatmate with room next to mine said that he heard me several times samck myself against the wall or what sounded like me falling out of bed in my sleep. only i didn't ever recall this when i woke up :confused:
  • Options
    thing is, i don't drink. you guys have excuses for not remembering such things....
  • Options
    the whole falling out of bed/smacking myself against the wall thing happened whther i ahd been dirnking before i went to bed or not.

think i'm just naturally clumsy. i injure myself when not doing anything and not notice, just to a lesser degree.
  • Options
    thing is, i don't drink. you guys have excuses for not remembering such things....

ditto
  • Options

I don't drink...and I always have random cuts/bruises.

When I was on holiday, I discovered that I had a big fuck-off cut above my right elbow, and I had no idea how it got there. It was really bad, and when I picked at it (I do that a lot) it bled lots...so it must have hurt like :confused:

And also, when I was at my older sister's house, I got a big bruise on my right thigh...possibly from the sofa-bed...but I dunno.
  • Options
    I woke up Friday morning with a bad back and my legs still hurt today. I have no idea what i did.
  • Options
    I keep finding bruises in random places all over me. I have a massive one just abvove my knee at the moment, and i have no idea how i did it... have managed to take some of the skin off to... :confused: I know how i got the massive bruise on my bum....
  • Options
    no I dont.
  • Options
    All the time. I look like an abused child.