Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Question...

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Between these two conditions, which do you think would be better/more fair/whatever?
  • 50% of the world's population are living a total hell, and the other 50%'s lives are totally great with no worries at all.
  • 100% of the world's populations are having the same quality of life, and while none of them are living a hell, none are really happy either, and none can be.
No real point to this (yet), I was just thinking...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Question...
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Between these two conditions, which do you think would be better/more fair/whatever?
    • 50% of the world's population are living a total hell, and the other 50%'s lives are totally great with no worries at all.
    • 100% of the world's populations are having the same quality of life, and while none of them are living a hell, none are really happy either, and none can be.
    No real point to this (yet), I was just thinking...
    i think you'll find that only 10% of the worlds population live like us.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Question...
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i think you'll find that only 10% of the worlds population live like us.
    I know; but the present reality doesn't really have anything to do with what I asked. I said "between those two".
  • Options
    thing is though. one persons hell can be anothers heaven.

people can have everything and still be damn lonely.
  • Options

100% of the world's populations are having the same quality of life, and while none of them are living a hell, none are really happy either, and none can be.

this is the most fair.

better?
    50% of the world's population are living a total hell, and the other 50%'s lives are totally great with no worries at all.

i guess it depends which half you're in.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Question...
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i guess it depends which half you're in.
    Then you didn't understand the question, I'm afraid. I didn't ask which would be better for a random person, I asked which would be better for the whole.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Question...
    Then you didn't understand the question, I'm afraid. I didn't ask which would be better for a random person, I asked which would be better for the whole.

i don't think there can be a collective preference. that was my answer.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Question...
    I asked which would be better for the whole.

Well then surely

'100% of the world's populations are having the same quality of life, and while none of them are living a hell, none are really happy either, and none can be'
  • Options
    I wanna live in a teepee
  • Options
    teepee.jpeg

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hippy.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    hippy.gif

morrocan roll the day before his yearly hairdresser appointment.
  • Options
    50% of the world's population are living a total hell, and the other 50%'s lives are totally great with no worries at all.

this option is more realistic, i mean think about it humans need some sort of class distinction. whether we like to admit it or not its true. Also, living in hell may not be related to living conditions, it may be emotional...and if its emotins we're talking about then not everybody is going to be happy, not everyone is satified.
    100% of the world's populations are having the same quality of life, and while none of them are living a hell, none are really happy either, and none can be.

this would be nice...it would be really nice indeed, but the truth about it is that it wouldnt last long, due to people competing against eachother and wanting more than others.
  • Options
    i think as a whole the 50/50 is better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    morrocan roll the day before his yearly hairdresser appointment.
    He's bald as a coot dontcha know.

2245.jpg

ETA: proof