Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Moving pics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i have just realised that there is something weird goin on with my pc. I just put a post in Anything goes about the smilies coz i thought they weren't moving, and was told it's my pc. After a bit of investigation i think it's true, coz the pic on my Lj also isn't moving and it usually is wobbling about all happy, and it's now stood still.

Does anyone know what i might have done to cause this, or even a simple solution would help

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    It will be a setting in Internet Explorer.

Keep the browser open and go to tools > options.

That opens up a page with tabs along the top. Go to 'advanced'.

Now you see a mile-long listing of tick boxes. Some are ticked and some aren't. Skip accessibility and browsing... further down until you see 'multimedia'.

Then in the multimedia part, you'll see a sentence that says "Play animations in web pages."

Tick that.

Click 'apply' and 'ok' and you're set!
  • Options
    Hi thanks for answering, i tried what you said but the box was already checked.

Would you have any other ideas, coz it's doing my head in

Cheers
  • Options
    Charlie,

I can think of one third-party program that could be causing this - @Guard (or AtGuard). It was a firewall I used to use back in 1999 and it had a setting in there to prevent the moving pictures.

If you don't use @Guard, check to see what other firewall you have running on your machine in case it has a similar setting. A firewall is meant to be a security program (makes your computer less open to attack), but I don't see the point in such programs preventing images from animating. Animated pictures are not a risk!

Let me know how you get on, but I can't think of anything else that can cause this.

You could try going back to that advanced menu and untick the animations bit, close the whole menu down, then re-enter the menu and tick it back in.
  • Options
    I've had some probs with my pc lately, i've had a virus, but i think i got rid of it. But alot of things seem to have changed. I've got a feeling it my something to do with ActiveX or Flashplayer or is this the same thing??

i'm quite confused :confused:

so many things seem to be diff that i'm considering formating and reinstalling windows. i just can't be bothered to go thru all that again, reinstalling progs and stuff.

thanks for you help Monseratt, it's much appreciated. ;)
  • Options
    No..... you were right the first time

thank you thank you..........that was totally doing my head in

I couldn't find what you meant before, bit i've been messing about with my firewall, Zone alarm, and found what you were talking about.

Oooh you're so clever you are :cool: